My latest suggestion to Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm a bit confused.

Redline - has no VII's (5w-40 does) tones of AW additives.

Amsoil - all synthetics use little VII's. Good rust prevention/AW prevention. (Ditto Mobil 1)

TBN kit?

I don't get it either. More specific please.

MC oils do NOT have any VII's. I take that back, Mobil 1 MC oils have NO VII's. Same for RL.

Last edited:
Sure Redline has plenty of AW agents.

But is it a storage oil?

You guys seem to think somehow I'm talking about a race only oil. I'm not. I'm talking about an oil that you put in your 1968 Hemi, 1970 454, 427 Cobra that you drive 3 times a year, but will protect very well if you drive it hard. A variety of straight weights to select from. With specific high amounts of gasoline oil antioxidants and a blend of synergistic anti-corrosion additives.To my knowledge I have never seen such an oil. Name some.

M1 10W-40 and 20W-50 MC oils have no VII's? Are you sure?

Ok, got you now. Sorry. Yes, I think it's a good idea.

Yeah M1 MC oils was told by Mobil have NO VII's.

Buster, Mobil used to state plainly that their 20w50 MC oil was formulated without VI improvers. They no longer say that in the spec sheet or advertising materials.

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
Buster, Mobil used to state plainly that their 20w50 MC oil was formulated without VI improvers. They no longer say that in the spec sheet or advertising materials.

Oh... I asked about a month ago whether any M1 PCMO's used VII's and they said some but not much and only the MC had no VII's. Who knows....the change in wording does make you wonder.
frown.gif

I'd like to see a 35 weight oil. Something with 100C viscosity between 12 and 13, with a nice high HTHS number (>3.5) I thought about going with ACD but thought it was a little thin. That was the main reason I choose to go with M1 HM 10w30.

Originally Posted By: IcebergS2000
I'd like to see a 35 weight oil. Something with 100C viscosity between 12 and 13, with a nice high HTHS number (>3.5) I thought about going with ACD but thought it was a little thin. That was the main reason I choose to go with M1 HM 10w30.

17w-35 QS Racing Oil

haa

What is REALLY needed here is a ANTI-OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER oil. But then this site would no longer exist.

Originally Posted By: buster
What is REALLY needed here is a ANTI-OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER oil. But then this site would no longer exist.

No, then we'd have to go back to arguing over brake grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back