my detailing product line up (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Firemarshall, heres my line up and what I do yearly or so to our cars. I get Power Purple and mix it in with water in a bucket. I wash the car with that. It strips off EVERYTHING. Then I rinse and dry. I use poorboys clay "Luber" spray. A generic red claybar, and go at the entire car. It gets super smooth. Then I use my Griots DA polisher with Chroma Presta 1500 polish. Its available at most body shop supply houses. I do the entire car with that. Its a no wax/no silicone polish. Works awesome! Then I apply a coat of Sealer. I used to use Griots Garage Paint Sealer, but have now found "Rejex" and love it. Its superior to the Griots I feel. Then you can round it off with your favorite carnauba wax. The key Is in the Clay step. Clay the [censored] out of the vehicle, even the glass. You'll be amazed.

Originally Posted By: bustednutz
OK Firemarshall, heres my line up and what I do yearly or so to our cars. I get Power Purple and mix it in with water in a bucket. I wash the car with that. It strips off EVERYTHING. Then I rinse and dry. I use poorboys clay "Luber" spray. A generic red claybar, and go at the entire car. It gets super smooth. Then I use my Griots DA polisher with Chroma Presta 1500 polish. Its available at most body shop supply houses. I do the entire car with that. Its a no wax/no silicone polish. Works awesome! Then I apply a coat of Sealer. I used to use Griots Garage Paint Sealer, but have now found "Rejex" and love it. Its superior to the Griots I feel. Then you can round it off with your favorite carnauba wax. The key Is in the Clay step. Clay the [censored] out of the vehicle, even the glass. You'll be amazed.

I've got my 100 gram bar of Clay Magic ready. Just have to decide on which darn DA polisher to order. I was set on the PC 7424, but now I'm not so sure.

Originally Posted By: xtell
476s can be left on to dry /cure overnight if desired and it still comes off without any trouble with a microfiber towel. Over the years I've applied 476s like that and have never had a problem with removal. Now, if it is applied like spackling paste, then you have a problem.

Right,,i leave mine on 30mins then remove. but it's thin,thin is in!!!

Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob
476s.jpg

Well, I COULD always make this my last step wax instead of the Tech Wax 2.0.
But, I once heard a silly rumor, that could be true, that if you stay within the product line, there is some sort of chemical similarity, maybe a synergistic effect that takes place.

My problem is that the 476s is INCREDIBLY HARD to remove and makes a mess with all the white powder. No doubt it is a tank in a can.

Opinions, suggestions, ideas, prophecies?

I wonder if I can mix this with Meg's?

Just have to decide on which darn DA polisher to order. I was set on the PC 7424, but now I'm not so sure.

What else are you looking at? The UDM is nice and a little more powerful but the PC is still the standard orbital.

476s.jpg

Well, I COULD always make this my last step wax instead of the Tech Wax 2.0.
But, I once heard a silly rumor, that could be true, that if you stay within the product line, there is some sort of chemical similarity, maybe a synergistic effect that takes place.

My problem is that the 476s is INCREDIBLY HARD to remove and makes a mess with all the white powder. No doubt it is a tank in a can.

Opinions, suggestions, ideas, prophecies?

I used the 476S yesterday on my 08 Jeep. It went over about 4 coats of Rejex applied since December 07. I was actually expecting the 476S to be difficult to remove, much to my surprise it came off easily, and with little white powder. It might have been the MF towel I used to remove it, but all in all I was pleasantly surprised with the product.

I washed the Jeep early before the sun was beating down on it, dried it, and backed it into the garage. I did one side at a time, the hood and roof were counted as 2 sides. Easy as pie. Thin is in with this stuff, apply a nice thin coat as mentioned by others.

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
Just have to decide on which darn DA polisher to order. I was set on the PC 7424, but now I'm not so sure.

What else are you looking at? The UDM is nice and a little more powerful but the PC is still the standard orbital.

Looking at the Meg's G110 DA polisher also.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
It went over about 4 coats of Rejex applied since December 07.

How's the Rejex performing for you?
I've got 2 bottles of it and I'm using it on my 20" polished aluminum Harley Davidson wheels on my F250.
I put mine on about a month ago and I guess its still holding its own.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
It went over about 4 coats of Rejex applied since December 07.

How's the Rejex performing for you?
I've got 2 bottles of it and I'm using it on my 20" polished aluminum Harley Davidson wheels on my F250.
I put mine on about a month ago and I guess its still holding its own.

I think Rejex is great on painted surfaces, and it lasts a long time. Follow the directions, and keep the vehicle out of the sun while applying, and while it is curing. I was not happy with it on chrome plated center caps that are on my cyclone wheels. They flash rusted very fast, vs a traditional wax. But on paint it is awesome, bugs sap etc. come right off very easily.

Rob,

Collinite MUST be applied THIN!!! Great stuff.

Go with with the PC, or spend a couple extra $$ and get a FLEX. I wish I would have. The Meg's polisher is a rebranded PC I believe.

Invest in some Micro Fiber towels. Makes life easier when detailing. Wal-Mart has a $10 kit from Viking. Sam's Club has 20 MF towels for $10.

What exactly is ColorX? is it to restore old finishes?

check out autogeek.net, they should have some Memorial Day specials w/ free shipping. They should have some deals on polishers such as the PC and the FLEX.

Get a couple of pads for lite compounding, polishing, etc etc.

Check out product from Optimum. seach the autogeek.net forum and autopia.net forums.

You will like the Optimum Spray Wax and Optimum No-Rinse. The ONR is concentrated and can be diluted to make a great clay lube and Quick Detailer.

Good Luck.

Originally Posted By: Islandvic

What exactly is ColorX? is it to restore old finishes?

It is a polish/wax combo, essentially a beefed up cleaner wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back