Building my own shed with patio

Following - I'll be putting up a shed in the spring. As much as I'd love to do a shed on a slab, I have to do under 144 square ft and on skids to avoid need a permit. Same as you I'll be running power and network to it. I already have a network drop and power run to my current shed behind the house. It doesn't have anything other than an access point currently.

Sheds seem to be some sort of finance scam locally. I can only get a monthly payment not an actual price.

Ultimately, I want to keep snow tires, lumber scraps and the 4 wheeler/lawnmower in the new shed.

Following - I'll be putting up a shed in the spring. As much as I'd love to do a shed on a slab, I have to do under 144 square ft and on skids to avoid need a permit. Same as you I'll be running power and network to it. I already have a network drop and power run to my current shed behind the house. It doesn't have anything other than an access point currently.

Sheds seem to be some sort of finance scam locally. I can only get a monthly payment not an actual price.

Ultimately, I want to keep snow tires, lumber scraps and the 4 wheeler/lawnmower in the new shed.

Yeah, and they all want to charge 10% APR! Nuts!

Regarding air lines, is water a concern? I wonder if I should have a box half way which I can access the line and possibly bleed it?

Another thing I hope I didn't screw up on, the concrete guy suggested I have a slope to the front of the shed so that water would run off the patio area. I declined since it will be covered. I assume I'll be good? thinking about it, water could get on there. I guess it won't pool up too bad though even if it does, and should only get there with some crazy sideways rain.

I just didn't like the idea of it not being level when it comes to building on it and putting a table there etc

Regarding air lines, is water a concern? I wonder if I should have a box half way which I can access the line and possibly bleed it?

Another thing I hope I didn't screw up on, the concrete guy suggested I have a slope to the front of the shed so that water would run off the patio area. I declined since it will be covered. I assume I'll be good? thinking about it, water could get on there. I guess it won't pool up too bad though even if it does, and should only get there with some crazy sideways rain.

I just didn't like the idea of it not being level when it comes to building on it and putting a table there etc

You can always shim table , furniture. But you definitely want water to run off if it gets in. Moisture laden concrete against even pressure treated wood isn't ideal.

Having looked at my sketches for the patio area, I suspect I should be good, it would have to be crazy wet to get any water on there

Its done now! If it doesn't work out, someone can learn from my mistake I guess

Well it rained a fair bit, almost zero water sitting on he slab, so I'm pretty happy I went with leaving it level. If it were to do it over, level every time!

Got the other kind of fiber delivered too, now to trench it there...

1698328129579.jpeg

1698328133869.jpeg

Guess I'll update this thread, forget I even made it. Was discussing screws vs nails here

Decided on screws. going for GRK R4 #10 3-1/8 for the general framing, with some R4 #9 2-1/2 for where I need shorter. Will probably fill in the blanks with all the misc GRK and and Spax screws and lags I have laying around

Here is my current plan. I'm trying to avoid 16ft lumber for the first section, so I don't have to get my tailer out (Unless I get the lumber delivered)

1711372231606.jpg

Back