My brother got his face beat in bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother when he is working on his nets has a small knife that he uses to cut the line that he works with. He mentioned that he might have been able to stab the guy.
Though if that would have happened they both might have gone to jail. I'm just glad the knife was not within his reach during the scuffle.

Also my brother has a deckhand that is a fairly big guy that wanted to beat the pulp out of the guy. My brother made sure that no more fighting was going to happen. Apparently he beat my brother and then ran quickly away. The boat the perpetrator was to fish on has some animosity towards my brother. So there might have been something derogatory said about my brother who is the captain/owner of his boat that might have been the reason this guy did the dirty deed?

I assume he will press charges. Though I wonder how that works if he can't be in court because of fishing commitments.

My Daughter wants me to take a road trip with her accross the US on the way to her moving to Maine to go to school for her graduate degree. Having some "cough cough" protection is sounding more reasonable all the time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chevys_n_Hawgs
Too bad he wasn't smart enough to be packing some heat. Maybe this will educate him.

That was totally out of character.

Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Too bad he wasn't smart enough to be packing some heat. Maybe this will educate him.

Sorry Slick. But that's the ugly truth

wow

Well some of the cannery guys are saying he is, or was a cage fighter. He weighs about 260 lbs and jumped my brother from behind by surprise.
What a freaken coward. My brother weighs 155 lbs soaking wet. Plus my brother never talked to the guy or had any interaction with him previous to this.

Then when a friend of my brother started running over to the fracas the coward runs. I think that guys who beat on smaller guys, or gang up on one guy are cowards. I think a gun might not have been the best thing in that situation......

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Well some of the cannery guys are saying he is, or was a cage fighter.
You mean every guy at the bar in an Affliction T-shirt isn't
21.gif

Last edited:
I would think that someone that is a reputable cage fighter would not jump somebody from behind.
Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Well some of the cannery guys are saying he is, or was a cage fighter.
You mean every guy at the bar in an Affliction T-shirt isn't
21.gif

Yeah, that's brilliant. If only he was packing heat... That way, when the kickboxer initially hit him from behind, the dazed or already unconscious dude could magically take out his piece and pop a few caps into the kickboxer, who was decidedly NOT dazed and probably right on top of the guy. Because the kickboxer could never have simply taken the gun from the hit-from-behind, semi-conscious victim standing right in front of him – that could never happen in magical PackingHeatLand.

No need to logically think these things through when one can simply belch out, “Too bad he wasn't smart enough to be packing some heat.”

I have to agree with TC. Carrying a piece doesn't mean that you will have a chance to use it and it could easily be used against you.

I have to ask, since this is, at essence, a stupid statement to make:

Exactly, in your opinion, is the truth of this situation?

How exactly, would the OP's brother have benefited from having a gun in his possession when he was attacked from behind, without warning, by someone he didn't even know was around?

What exactly, in your opinion, is he supposed to gain in knowledge? How does having a gun make someone smarter?

Last time I checked, when you are attacked from behind, without warning, and are immediately knocked unconscious, anything that is on your person usually becomes the property of the person that attacked you. If you get knocked unconscious, and you have a gun on your person, chances are, if that person is of the quality that would attack you without warning or justification, they are also the type to then use your gun on you, to prevent you from potentially retaliating against them in the future.

So, if the OP's brother was as "smart" as you think he should have been, there is an extremely high probability that he would be dead by his own gun today.

Luckily, it appears that he is smart enough to know that carrying a gun around isn't as "smart" as you seem to think it is, under certain circumstances.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

I have to ask, since this is, at essence, a stupid statement to make:

Exactly, in your opinion, is the truth of this situation?

How exactly, would the OP's brother have benefited from having a gun in his possession when he was attacked from behind, without warning, by someone he didn't even know was around?

What exactly, in your opinion, is he supposed to gain in knowledge? How does having a gun make someone smarter?

Last time I checked, when you are attacked from behind, without warning, and are immediately knocked unconscious, anything that is on your person usually becomes the property of the person that attacked you. If you get knocked unconscious, and you have a gun on your person, chances are, if that person is of the quality that would attack you without warning or justification, they are also the type to then use your gun on you, to prevent you from potentially retaliating against them in the future.

So, if the OP's brother was as "smart" as you think he should have been, there is an extremely high probability that he would be dead by his own gun today.

Luckily, it appears that he is smart enough to know that carrying a gun around isn't as "smart" as you seem to think it is, under certain circumstances.

BC.

Well, because I've unfortunately, been there & done that. I was a attacked from behind with a "bat-like" object. Knocked me clean out of my wheelchair. I was knocked unconscious. When I came to, there were 2 guys going through my coat pockets, and my bags on my chair. As soon as one of them noticed I was awake, he started punching me in the head. I reached in my trousers, and pulled out my .38 stubnose, and put 3 rounds in this guy's gut. His buddy took off, but this guy wasn't going anywhere. He rolled over and cried like a little baby. By the time the police showed, he done passed. Funny thing is, I got taken to the PD, questioned, had charges pressed on me for illegal possession of a firearm. Go figure. And to know that I lost the use of my legs, some 40 years ago, so I could be put through this process, makes me proud to say that I'm an american't....

I am sorry for the various situations that have happened to you to get you to the point in life where you were put through that situation.

But, you proved my point to a degree.

If you are attacked from behind, and knocked unconscious, the person or people who did so are going to rummage through your pockets.

I ask you this:

Do you think you would be alive today had they found that gun before you woke up, removed it from your pocket, and then you started to wake up?

I believe they would have killed you, walked away with anything you had on your possession, and then used your gun on other people, until, ultimately, they ran afoul of someone else just like you, or the cops.

How would you feel if they found the gun, took it, split, left you alive, and then you found out later that they used your gun on someone else?

Having a gun at your own home/apartment is one thing.
Carrying it around on your person under just normal day to day routine, in my opinion, is tempting fate.

And yes, I have previously worked in the security industry, where I have had to carry a weapon to perform my duties, along with all my coworkers. Having the gun on my side never made me feel any better, and typically made people bolder about being disrespectful, even though I never instigated a situation that occurred.

Not everyone should have guns on their sides.
I can think of way more people that should not have guns, than those that should be carrying. And then there's those huge number of people that I know do have guns, that shouldn't be allowed within 300 feet of one.

Either way, the world isn't going to be any different than it is today, regardless if everyone was packing heat, or if every gun on the planet suddenly vanished. People will find some other way to harm and intimidate each other if they want to.

BC.

I am sorry for the various situations that have happened to you to get you to the point in life where you were put through that situation.

If you are attacked from behind, and knocked unconscious, the person or people who did so are going to rummage through your pockets.

I ask you this:

Do you think you would be alive today had they found that gun before you woke up, removed it from your pocket, and then you started to wake up?

I believe they would have killed you, walked away with anything you had on your possession, and then used your gun on other people, until, ultimately, they ran afoul of someone else just like you, or the cops.

How would you feel if they found the gun, took it, split, left you alive, and then you found out later that they used your gun on someone else?

Having a gun at your own home/apartment is one thing.
Carrying it around on your person under just normal day to day routine, in my opinion, is tempting fate.

And yes, I have previously worked in the security industry, where I have had to carry a weapon to perform my duties, along with all my coworkers. Having the gun on my side never made me feel any better, and typically made people bolder about being disrespectful, even though I never instigated a situation that occurred.

Not everyone should have guns on their sides.
I can think of way more people that should not have guns, than those that should be carrying. And then there's those huge number of people that I know do have guns, that shouldn't be allowed within 300 feet of one.

Either way, the world isn't going to be any different than it is today, regardless if everyone was packing heat, or if every gun on the planet suddenly vanished. People will find some other way to harm and intimidate each other if they want to.

BC.

We can play the "what if" game all day long. Do I think I would have been alive if they found the gun? At that point, it didn't matter. As a matter of fact, the detectives did find a firearm on him, as well as the clown that ran. So, if he wanted me dead, so be it. Besides, I'm living on borrowed time anyways....

I think the only point he proved is that it's a very good thing he was carrying a gun in that situation.

Besides, gun or no gun, it's not like it's hard to kill a person who is already unconscious, if that's what the attacker wants to do.

We can play the "what if" game all day long. Do I think I would have been alive if they found the gun? At that point, it didn't matter. As a matter of fact, the detectives did find a firearm on him, as well as the clown that ran. So, if he wanted me dead, so be it. Besides, I'm living on borrowed time anyways....
so were you acquitted?

so were you acquitted?

Acquitted of what, son???

so were you acquitted?

Acquitted of what, son???

This, I suppose?

Funny thing is, I got taken to the PD, questioned, had charges pressed on me for illegal possession of a firearm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back