Musk Says Tesla ‘Dug Our Own Grave’ With The Cybertruck

Why on earth is an actual rancher looking at EV trucks? They are city boy toys at best.
I would think if an EV truck would cut it that might as well save a few bucks and buy a Maverick. It would be efficient, have a bed, and it’s not like towing was a goal with an EV truck anyway.

Do you see the house with the solar panels on the roof, in the pic of the Cybertruck bed? The guy who lives there had a Rivian truck for a couple years. He had so many problems with it, that he had to enact the lemon-law, to get Rivian to buy it back. He also went for a ride in the Cybertruck, and I know he's going to stay in touch with my cousins nephew, to see how his Cybertruck does.

He needs a truck for his Ranch, but he wants something reliable. The Rivian couldn't cut it. The Ford Lightning he test drove quite during the test drive, and had to be towed...
Apparently now some of the panel gap problems on the cybertruck were "just a door striker issue" according to musk. It sounds like Tesla and Musk knew about the issues but only offered to fix it when someone with alot of YouTube followers posted on X. So a $120,000 truck had nobody at the factory looking at quality control? Supposed it's "only 15 vehicles were affected " but what else is wrong that is known about that isn't disclosed? I've never had a door panel striker "loosen" ever. Two it shouldn't take reaching out to a ceo on a social media platform to get answers.
"Thus, it was no surprise that MKBHD, one of YouTube’s most experienced tech reviewers, opted to create a video around the Cybertruck. But while Brownlee did point out a number of interesting advantages inherent in the all-electric pickup truck, he also noted that the vehicle he reviewed had the worst panel gap he’s ever seen in a production car. Images and videos of Brownlee’s Cybertruck review quickly made the rounds online, and even ardent Tesla fans called out the electric vehicle maker for releasing a vehicle with such an obvious flaw — especially one that should have been caught by quality control. Tesla CEO Elon Musk later responded to some of these comments, explaining that about 15 Cybertruck units in service had an issue with a loose door striker. The CEO also noted that the issue is easy to fix and it has since been addressed in production. "

So have any of you guys actually seen a Cybertruck in person and had a chance to do a walk-around to look for flaws or talk to the owner ? Or are you bloviating based upon a couple of YouTube reviews ?

That's what i thought. I suppose I'll see one soon enough and if I get a chance to check it out up close and personal I'll give my unbiased report.

So have any of you guys actually seen a Cybertruck in person and had a chance to do a walk-around to look for flaws or talk to the owner ? Or are you bloviating based upon a couple of YouTube reviews ?

That's what i thought. I suppose I'll see one soon enough and if I get a chance to check it out up close and personal I'll give my unbiased report.
Fair enough but mine's not complaining about quality issues. I unabashedly have said I just don't like the stupid thing. Facts didn't come into play for my decision. 😂

I don't buy into every quality issue though, because as many non Tesla owners have told me my Model 3 should have horrible panel gaps, uneven paint, etc. I've seen none of that. Beyond that it's a heavy vehicle that will be used as a commuter using more energy than a smaller vehicle and wasting space for others on the road and in parking lots. It's a weird move for Tesla in general and furthers the pointless vehicle size and weight wars which really doesn't make sense for EVs because they have no problem meeting car efficiency regulations while other ICE vehicles have to push to qualify as a light truck to pass.

Oh and it looks like 5 year old Elon drew it with a crayon. Still a great reference.

Why on earth is an actual rancher looking at EV trucks? They are city boy toys at best.

When the Rivian was working, it did fine for tasks he used it for around his Ranch. Lots of power, and he could charge it at home, so no trips to dedicated chargers, or gas stations.

When the Rivian was working, it did fine for tasks he used it for around his Ranch. Lots of power, and he could charge it at home, so no trips to dedicated chargers, or gas stations.
Did the ranch work do it in or was it a failure others have seen? I'm not rallying against EV trucks for sure. I love EVs, I just rarely see a truck fit the bill properly. The big thing with larger trucks is towing and they aren't practical for anything but local tows.

For example I never towed with my F150, but I used the bed a lot. I never hauled loose dirt though. Most of what I have moved also fit in the back of a GTI with the seats folded which has been more economical and practical when I didn't need to haul something. That said I know a GTI isn't going to do ranch work. A full size truck looks better on a ranch than a Maverick does though. lol

Yes I have. I have posted pictures here. They are Shiite.
IMG_7671.jpg
IMG_7670.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen a few around here, but the only time I saw one close enough to check out was at the Santana Row showroom. This was just prior to release a few months ago. Tons of attention.
1710955377093.jpg

1710955440740.jpg

Did the ranch work do it in or was it a failure others have seen? I'm not rallying against EV trucks for sure. I love EVs, I just rarely see a truck fit the bill properly. The big thing with larger trucks is towing and they aren't practical for anything but local tows.

For example I never towed with my F150, but I used the bed a lot. I never hauled loose dirt though. Most of what I have moved also fit in the back of a GTI with the seats folded which has been more economical and practical when I didn't need to haul something. That said I know a GTI isn't going to do ranch work. A full size truck looks better on a ranch than a Maverick does though. lol

According to the guy who owned it, anything he used it for was well below it's rated capabilities. So the Ranch use shouldn't have been an issue, or been a factor in the issues it had.

carscoops has a article that claims non tesla employee who documented their first ct.
@Torrid

The usual teething pains, panel gaps, interior parts misfit. Does Tesla not have qc line checks both during production and pre delivery?
Nope Tesla doesn't have an end of the ccx line quality control person like the Spartanburg Plant and others have for quality control. Why would they according to Musk?

I am not a Tesla fan boy by any means. But I checked over the cousins nephews Cybertruck closely, as poor quality and/or fit and finish really bother me. I didn't find any bad panel gaps, or other issues on his. Overall I was impressed.

Anything with looser tolerances will function better in harsh conditions. The cybertruck has larger panel gaps because it"s like the AK-47 rifle.

When the door gets damaged from multiple impacts you still want it to open. If it had a tight panel gap the door could jam.

What I find most interesting about the cybertruck is the design aesthetic.

It looks like something from the movie Robocop.

Musk has said if you're un an argument with another car you will win.

The truck has been also promoted to be bullet resistant and arrow resistant.

It was promoted to have an exoskeleton, suggesting it has sci fi military features.

It looks like it was designed specifically to to kill pedestrians with sharp edges.

It looks like Musk envisions an increasingly violent future. Maybe a future where the great replacement is becoming more intense, and there are violent riots?

If that's the future I can see why he's feeling down and needs to take ketamine.

Anything with looser tolerances will function better in harsh conditions. The cybertruck has larger panel gaps because it"s like the AK-47 rifle.

When the door gets damaged from multiple impacts you still want it to open. If it had a tight panel gap the door could jam.

What I find most interesting about the cybertruck is the design aesthetic.

It looks like something from the movie Robocop.

Musk has said if you're un an argument with another car you will win.

It was promoted to have an exoskeleton, suggesting it has sci fi military features.

It looks like it was designed specifically to to kill pedestrians with sharp edges.

It looks like Musk envisions an increasingly violent future. Maybe a future where the great replacement is becoming more intense, and there are violent riots?

If that's the future I can see why he's feeling down and needs to take ketamine.

🤣

Oh you were serious.

It's resistant to 9mm hand gun rounds, anything rifle calibre goes right through.

Back