Musk Says Tesla ‘Dug Our Own Grave’ With The Cybertruck

There's gotta be something to that body shape when the Toyota prius, yeezy boost and now tesla cybertruck all have it.

There's gotta be something to that body shape when the Toyota prius, yeezy boost and now tesla cybertruck all have it.
100%. The market wasn’t ready yet. It really didn’t help that it drove like any other tall FWD GM product at the time though. Now look how many GM makes. This would just be a Pontiac badged Equinox now and I’m sure that would sell well.

More lying on Cybertruck specs. They quietly changed the ground clearance figure from 17” to 16”. Originally, 17” meant they beat the Hummer EV spec. Turns out they actually didn’t.

At this point, if I owned Cybertruck, end of the World, Apocalypse Now truck, I would not worry about range, etc. but this:

Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 11.32.27 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 11.33.14 PM.jpg

I have seen some poorly designed, undersized suspension parts, but nothing like this, especially on such a heavy vehicle.

Musk will blame it on the owner as usual even though other models 3, X, Y, S have been showing up with broken control arms made out of plastic or aluminum and thin sheet metal. You know you own a piece of crap when Dorman makes better replacement control arms than the car came with. View attachment 219042
View attachment 219043
When Dorman is improvement, you know you should run away for that car.

Musk will blame it on the owner as usual even though other models 3, X, Y, S have been showing up with broken control arms made out of plastic or aluminum and thin sheet metal. You know you own a piece of crap when Dorman makes better replacement control arms than the car came with. View attachment 219042
View attachment 219043
Not defending Tesla, but with what I’ve seen at Tesla Reddit these owners abuse the crap out of their cars. I’ve never seen a higher frequency of owners hitting curbs in my life.

Scares the crap out of me knowing how fast these cars are.

More lying on Cybertruck specs. They quietly changed the ground clearance figure from 17” to 16”. Originally, 17” meant they beat the Hummer EV spec. Turns out they actually didn’t.
Oh back in October 2023 Musk said it would have 325 miles of range. Not one Cybertruck has come close to that, but again the "extended " battery pack is $16k and nowhere in sight.

Not defending Tesla, but with what I’ve seen at Tesla Reddit these owners abuse the crap out of their cars. I’ve never seen a higher frequency of owners hitting curbs in my life.

One of the complaints online with Tesla owners is with the new software update. It supposedly (the video is out there) shows teslas curbing themselves using autopilot and fsd.

One of the complaints online with Tesla owners is with the new software update. It supposedly (the video is out there) shows teslas curbing themselves using autopilot and fsd.
Oh I'm aware. It shocks me the amount of people that trust FSD. I've seen lots of stories of summon hitting vehicles in parking lots as the cars drive up to the owner. I love the car, but I don't trust the tech. It drives beautifully as an experience, but FSD is a completely different story.

If owners drove their cars it is near flawless. It's a great product to interact with. I will never understand the infatuation with FSD. The controls are great and well tuned. I just don't trust the automated features of the vehicle.

I don’t know about curbs, but that control arm on cybertruck is giving YUGO run for a money. When ANY company decides to put something like that on vehicle, I don’t need to look anything else.
That is software guys deciding to show big boys how it’s done.

I don’t know about curbs, but that control arm on cybertruck is giving YUGO run for a money. When ANY company decides to put something like that on vehicle, I don’t need to look anything else.

Especially when the curb weight is north of 3 tons!

Interesting fact here.... I live in western Colorado and this weekend I saw a truck and trailer hauling 5 of those Telsa trucks.... headed west. They were a head-turner... as few has seen them live and in person.

They were darn cool looking.

But if I had to spend $100K on a truck... it wouldn't be that dude.

I hear ya, NY pot holes would eat those up like kids eat candy. The software guys can play with the software all they want, you can't reprogram cheap weak faulty parts, they have to be redesigned and replaced.

This was a comment early on from alot of people in the automotive industry when they looked at the suspension design. Theautopian even had an article that explained what the suspension design was called. Tesla said they went with it due to packaging constraints which seems odd as they were essentially five years late getting it out the door. But you're right many engineers looked at the Cybertruck suspension and said it was not heavy duty enough for how much it weighs. This is being shown when Cybertruck owners go out on a mild 4x4 weekend and come back with it on a tow truck quite consistently. Then add the fact this past week a guy picked up his Cybertruck with 35 miles stopped to charge it with it to spew coolant everywhere. A Tesla rep said they don't cover coolant issues under warranty. He had to reach out to Musk on X who didn't reply to get his truck fixed. The owner then PRAISED Tesla about how awesome and how above and beyond they went. This was initially after they told him they wouldn't repair it under warranty. It seems like Cybertruck owners will put up with so much runaround from Tesla. Most people would have thrown in the towel and had the dealership take it back.

Back