Movies you hate that most like.....

It's not bad. I saw the original movie that The Departed were remake of.
Ahhh! I appreciate this.. was it Hong Kong film Infernal Affairs? I am happy I am not the only one that knows, the movie is not, how shall we say.. original.

I worked as an usher in theatres when it was released and saw most of it for free many times. I liked pretty much everything except Jack Nicholson eating the mouse. He was probably the weakest character in it, Nicholson. Very cartoonish but passable. He has that Cheshire Cat smile (others have it too) and.. just a minor gripe, but I do hate it.

Remake of Pearl Harbor, probably my least favorite movie of all time and that says something; cinematic junk food, predictable plot, sappy, every character looks like a model, and the CG...airplanes just don't fly like that! But, I'm pretty sure I wasn't the target audience, and the intended audience probably didn't care about how airplanes fly.
Mitsubishi zero's dont fly like Darth Vader fighters in Star Wars....PH was so bad I left before it was over.....then the dumb love story to make women watch this garbage.....oh the humanity

I've only seen the first Star Wars movie (the first one, from 1977, but you know what I mean). I liked it alright but haven't seen it in decades. Once they started coming out with sequels and pre-quels I totally lost interest. The whole series smacked of Lucas & Co. trying to get rich by inventing a whole convoluted history wrapped around the original movie. No thanks.

See bolded, I would say this about Disney but not George Lucas. The sequel trilogy was atrocious, quite literally just a cash grab by exploiting fan nostalgia. Disney realized that they can tag any consumer product with the Star Wars brand and millions of people will throw their money away to buy it based on that fact and that fact alone.

Nearly All remakes.... from Papillon / Point Break / Red Dawn / Magnificent Seven / True Grit
Oh, and my sons both tried 10 or more times to get me to watch what they say is awesome,
The Big Lebowski ... ugh, I pass out the first 5 minutes into it.

Nearly All remakes.... from Papillon / Point Break / Red Dawn / Magnificent Seven / True Grit
Oh, and my sons both tried 10 or more times to get me to watch what they say is awesome,
The Big Lebowski ... ugh, I pass out the first 5 minutes into it.
15D8C9E6-BEEE-4F29-B9A1-C67F772239CA.jpeg

The Hangover

I actually just watched this today on HBO Max and I had watched it once previously over a decade ago. I know many people who think that this is some sort of holy grail of comedy movies but I think it is just stupidity that tries to pass as humor. Zach Galifianakis is not funny or entertaining, he is desperate for cheap attention which I think is what this movie is really about.
For the record.. all three of these movies were exactly the same, and I share your sentiments on it. The first one was somewhat entertaining. Vegas people can be kind of strange.

Employee Of The Month and Hit And Run were very funny. Only one character bad in Hit and Run.

I'm an equal opportunity movie hater. I hate them all haven't been to one in like nearly 18 years. Don't watch the Oscars, Golden Globe, Emmy Awards those people all have way to high an opinion of themselves!
YES. They can all kiss each other's rumps. 👏

As far as I can tell, the Hollywood that once made great films has been gone for quite a while.

YES. They can all kiss each other's rumps. 👏

As far as I can tell, the Hollywood that once made great films has been gone for quite a while.
I am not sure about "once made great fils and been gone for quite a while".

Their "once great" movies, I'm not that impressed with them.
If you ignore the awards which are just circle jerks and go by viewers' reviews online you may find something today that's still very enjoyable but not winning any award, Hollywood or foreign.

You know Hollywood is gone when Netflix and Amazon have originals that are better and excluded from their awards.

Most people didn't know Lion King and Atlantis from Disney are plagiarism of Japanese comic and TV series as well. At least The Departed is licensed instead of "I've never heard of it" plagiarism.
I did not know that about The Lion King? A favorite of mine, cant really watch kids movies anymore because they are relegated to the land of "fond memories." Today's youth get to be ruined by live-action Lion King with Beyonce and others, Space Jam 2... they better not make Back To The Future 4 as far as I hear it is not going to happen.. The Departed was maybe the first "gritty" movie I ever watched and I showed it to a Boston native. They told me Stone's accent was a little bit off, but the movie was pretty good. The Town is another Boston movie, so is Black Mass. Always nice to hear the natives either approve, disapprove, or nod in fond remembrance of a filming location or character.

I hate virtually any new movie, I may be not needing to go to the movies much anymore. Life getting in the way.

I am not sure about "once made great fils and been gone for quite a while".

Their "once great" movies, I'm not that impressed with them.
If you ignore the awards which are just circle jerks and go by viewers' reviews online you may find something today that's still very enjoyable but not winning any award, Hollywood or foreign.

You know Hollywood is gone when Netflix and Amazon have originals that are better and excluded from their awards.
exactly!!!

I did not know that about The Lion King? A favorite of mine, cant really watch kids movies anymore because they are relegated to the land of "fond memories." Today's youth get to be ruined by live-action Lion King with Beyonce and others, Space Jam 2... they better not make Back To The Future 4 as far as I hear it is not going to happen.. The Departed was maybe the first "gritty" movie I ever watched and I showed it to a Boston native. They told me Stone's accent was a little bit off, but the movie was pretty good. The Town is another Boston movie, so is Black Mass. Always nice to hear the natives either approve, disapprove, or nod in fond remembrance of a filming location or character.

I hate virtually any new movie, I may be not needing to go to the movies much anymore. Life getting in the way.
I was never fond of the original Lion King but then again I was already 13 or so at the time already.

I like Black Mass better than The Departed.

Back