Movies you hate that most like.....

The Hangover

I actually just watched this today on HBO Max and I had watched it once previously over a decade ago. I know many people who think that this is some sort of holy grail of comedy movies but I think it is just stupidity that tries to pass as humor. Zach Galifianakis is not funny or entertaining, he is desperate for cheap attention which I think is what this movie is really about.

Citizen Kane has always shown up at or near the top of all time best movie lists. For some reason, I never got around to watching it. Finally did, and was completely underwhelmed. I guess the cinematography was groundbreaking for it's day, but watching it in 2021...not at all impressed with the story or the acting.

The Pianist (not sure if most people like but it won awards). Why? It is a survivor reality show of a man looking for food. I don't dislike it but I find it not entertaining. Schindler's list was way better.

Mission Impossible (I found the song annoying). They basically try to reboot the James Bond franchise but failed IMO.

Star Wars, dislike the song, didn't grew up with the franchise, predictable storyline. I am sure I'd offend someone but it is nothing wrong with the movie just not my kind of movie.

Avengers series (I can take 1 super hero in a movie but I don't like all stars in general).

Last edited:
Reactions: GON
I mostly don't care to watch movies . Back in the younger days when dating, it appears women like to see movies [ I could be wrong] so I put myself through the agony of watching the whole movie. To me if you have seen one movie you have seen them all.
To me if you have ___ one woman you have ___ them all.

Last edited:
I protest, he has done some really good films. Have you seen the Revenant? He's great in that, and I also liked him in Blood Diamond. Good films to check out.
He did great in Inception and Catch Me if You can. I hated Titanic but that's not his fault (it was the chick flick plot).

Overrated:

-Anything with subtitles. Not worth the time and effort. I like movies that are easy to watch and provide an escape from real life.

-Anything made before 1970. The pacing is just too slow, I lose patience. Or the dialogue and plot are so outdated and cringey. My brother and I were forced to watch countless old movies by our parents; the musicals are especially bad.

Guess I'm the outlier here. 53 years old and saw Star Wars in the theater as a kid when it came out (as well as all the others). Have watched it countless times and will watch countless more. Same with LOTR movies, I read all the books as a kid and love the Peter Jackson production (though I thought The Hobbit was overdone). Most of the Avengers movies are a lot of fun too.

Remake of Pearl Harbor, probably my least favorite movie of all time and that says something; cinematic junk food, predictable plot, sappy, every character looks like a model, and the CG...airplanes just don't fly like that! But, I'm pretty sure I wasn't the target audience, and the intended audience probably didn't care about how airplanes fly.

The English Patient
Funny, I saw this on a date back in the day and fully expected to hate it...but, wound up actually enjoying it. I always think of it as the ultimate date movie; an artsy, sophisticated 'chick flick' plot, but with NAZI's, vintage cars and airplanes, Willem Dafoe as a thumbless spy and just enough gratuitous nudity to be entertaining for the guy😇 to appear as if you appreciated the artistic depth of it!

Last edited:
Guess I'm the outlier here. 53 years old and saw Star Wars in the theater as a kid when it came out (as well as all the others). Have watched it countless times and will watch countless more.
I've only seen the first Star Wars movie (the first one, from 1977, but you know what I mean). I liked it alright but haven't seen it in decades. Once they started coming out with sequels and pre-quels I totally lost interest. The whole series smacked of Lucas & Co. trying to get rich by inventing a whole convoluted history wrapped around the original movie. No thanks.

Back