Movies worthy of a GOOD remake

Of the many remakes I've seen, even going back to silent films, the only one that comes to mind as equal or better than the original was Bill Murray's The Razor's Edge. I thought it was much better and captured the characters and story better than the original Tyrone Powers version, which seemed flat/like reading Hemingway.
That is another one I have not seen and want to. Now I can with streaming we started lately. I love Hemmingway's things. My son gave me a big book with serveral of his popular stories. It contains : The Sun Also Rises (haven't read yet) / A Farewell to Arms / For Whom the Bell Tolls/ The Old Man and the Sea. I just realized you probably need to be a history fan to enjoy these from their older / past time periods. The young folks many not enjoy. I really like Islands In The Stream and Hemmingway's Adventures of A Young Man that is a very good and moving story. Has a kid of sad ending. All about growing up + life and it's changes we all face. A really good classic version movie exists of it. Actually many of those books have been made into movies long long ago.

I don’t think that could ever be remade. No one could ever replace that awesome cast!👍
If you have not seen it. You need to see the CMT Original made for Tv documentary I think from 2020 titled "The Bandit." It is about two men
who both are considered by those who knew them and worked on the movie to be "The Bandit" they were so much alike. Brothers from other Mothers. Burt Reynolds and his life long stunt double / room mate of 10 years / NASCAR team co owner / writer n director of Smoky & the Bandit and many of the latter movies Burt played in. Hal Needham. Hal Needham was an ex-special forces army airborne corporal. He left the army and headed to California without knowing a soul. He ended up on the set of Gunsmoke to be a double. They told him "put these clothes on then go down the street and get with which ever actor is dressed the same. It was Burt. It all began after that. They even dressed alike and drove / owned the same vehicles at times.

If you have not seen it. You need to see the CMT Original made for Tv documentary I think from 2020 titled "The Bandit." It is about two men
who both are considered by those who knew them and worked on the movie to be "The Bandit" they were so much alike. Brothers from other Mothers. Burt Reynolds and his life long stunt double / room mate of 10 years / NASCAR team co owner / writer n director of Smoky & the Bandit and many of the latter movies Burt played in. Hal Needham. Hal Needham was an ex-special forces army airborne corporal. He left the army and headed to California without knowing a soul. He ended up on the set of Gunsmoke to be a double. They told him "put these clothes on then go down the street and get with which ever actor is dressed the same. It was Burt. It all began after that. They even dressed alike and drove / owned the same vehicles at times.
That sounds awesome! I definitely need to check it out! I’ve always loved Burt Reynolds. There could never be another bandit besides Burt!👍

I dislike remakes. To me it shows a lack of imagination. Why not make a new film, like "Old Man's War". That's an epic SciFi story, and quite funny. Or a newer idea like the Undying Mercenaries Series and it's first book, "Steel World".

That sounds awesome! I definitely need to check it out! I’ve always loved Burt Reynolds. There could never be another bandit besides Burt!👍
I enjoyed it so much as a lot of the stuff they covered and film clips etc... I recalled from my younger days. Plus pulling for their NASCAR racing car the SKOAL Bandit and meeting their driver in Atlanta motor speedway, Harry Gant. I must have rewatched that video 2-3 times. Reminded me so much of better days.

Sequel: Soylent Pop Tarts
There is an equally strange movie from that same time period called "A Boy and His Dog." stars Don Johnson. Very strange.
If you watch some movies from the 70s it becomes very clear they had a lot of drugs in Hollywood with some of the stuff they
approved. Some really bad , strange films.

Back