Motul Synergie 6100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuch is available here locally. My mechanic replaced the oil in my gearbox when he pulled a fwd axle. Whilst it was a little better (full synthetic supposedly) than original oil (120,000km), I dumped it and put redline in. Way better!

quote:

Originally posted by Flimflam:

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
Motul seems OK (engine ssems particularly smooth). What is Selenia 20K?

It is an Italian Oil, approved for use by Alfa Romeo and other famous brand cars. Said to be good for 20,000 kilometres, hence the name.

If it is built as well as Alfa's ( at least until recent models) then that would hardly be a recommendation.

offtopic.gif

quote:

Originally posted by theguru:
If it is built as well as Alfa's ( at least until recent models) then that would hardly be a recommendation.

In 1994 I drove an Alfa sedan with 3 passengers from Naples to San Vito Italy with the Autostrada portions running from probably 100 - 127 mph. I have no complaints except maybe I would have liked another 13 mph at the top end (I was right on redline). Brakes were impeccable.

Hi Sprintman again. Thought something was strange. Should have read the date of your post!!!!

Did Ron ever Timken the Motul oils?

Marios: Motul 6100 was replaced by the 8100 5w-40 here (pao I think). The E-tech 8100 is ester based.
The 5w-40 should work as well as a 10w-40. Might give a bit more flow when cold.

Stright from the Motul tech :

8100 line = PAO/ Ester
6100 = "reinforced" technosynthese (group 3).

Only the 4100 and 8100 line are available here, the 6100 is still sold in Europe.

Guru - I wish my local Autobarn (Doncaster) would stock 300V 5w30 and 5w40. I asked them to order it, but they weren't interested. They only have the 10w40 and 15w50 because that's what the STi/200SX/GTST crowd want. BTW, Fuchs is available/can be ordered from Autobarn.

I've used Synergie 6100 5w40 in my Passat 1.8T(pre-Bitog era) for a good 20k miles from 30k to 45k...my engine liked it and is pretty good stuff. Bought a case of 4 5ltr jugs back in '02 from Motorspot.com for like $3.68/ltr back then.

Apart from my 136 bottles of syn oil stashed, I have 12ltrs worth of Motul Ester E-Tech 0w40 for like a year now, left untouched....thanks to GC.
rolleyes.gif

p.s. AFAIK, other grades of 6100 were Technosynthese(synthetic blend)...but not 5w40.

[ April 23, 2005, 02:51 AM: Message edited by: vwoom ]

quote:

Originally posted by Losiho:
Guru - I wish my local Autobarn (Doncaster) would stock 300V 5w30 and 5w40. I asked them to order it, but they weren't interested. They only have the 10w40 and 15w50 because that's what the STi/200SX/GTST crowd want. BTW, Fuchs is available/can be ordered from Autobarn.

Go to Ringwood. I found that the guys at Doncaster hadn't even heard of Motul when I started looking around. I think Ringwood has Fuchs as well. The mechanic I go to in Bayswater stocks some grades of Fuchs and I'm sure he can get whatever you want. He sell parts at good prices as well! What garde Motul were you looking for?

quote:

Originally posted by theguru:
What garde Motul were you looking for?

Either the 300V 5w30 or 5w40. Last time I asked, Doncaster had no idea that 300V had been updated to double ester - they still had plenty of the old stuff. But for some reason, they had 300V 0w20 last time I was there. Plenty of 8100 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back