Severe stop/go,traffic jam,hot,humid,climate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recommend me full synth for Severe stop/go,idle at traffic jams,hot,humid(ambient temp swings wildly from 28 celsius up to 38 celsius)100% humudity,no highway drivings. Car is 37,000KM Corolla 1zzfe engine 4 cylinders,1.8 liter engine. 8 months only driven at most 5000 Km or around 3300 miles. Been using Igol Symbol Ceramic 5w40 about $50 per gallon and this is what I've been using for the most part of the life of the car,it's been 6 months at 5000km and the oil is still dark amber and I know color isn't an accurate indication of oil wear,this oil not available in the U.S, considered to be premium synth,the same level as Redline,Mobil 1.

In this country, there are more European brands such as Total bottled in South Africa if I'm not mistaken,Elf,Fina,BP Viscos,Igol bottled in France,Fuch Titan bottled in Singapore,Silkolene,Agip bottled in Indonesia,Shell Helix Ultra bottled in Singapore,Motul Esters and 300V bottled in France,Mercedes Benz labelled oils,BMW labelled oils,Aral,ADNOC from Kuwait.

American brands: Redline, Havoline Synth, Valvoline Synth,Castrol Synth, ConocPhilips Hydroclear and Hydroclear Synths,Mobil 1 but bottled in Singapore but priced like European Mobil 1 about U$15 per quart not worth it and won't buy it because of absurd mark up.

No Chevron,Supertech,Walmart,Shaffer,Green Castrol,Amsoil.No Auto RX or used oil analysis labs.But I change oil at about 5000km because 8 months and the car is only been driven 5000km.

Anybody that has an extensive experience with European brands? I'm itching to use other brands but the IGOL Symbol Ceramic been so good to my engine,the engine still purs,smooth,good milage,no leaks,never needs topping off. Should I just stick to 5w40?what happened if I switch to 10w30 or 20w50? I didn't like 5w30.

Thanks in advance.

If you like 5W-40 synthetic, I'd say get you some Valvoline Synpower 5W-40.
thumbsup.gif

38C, about 100F -- humidity makes a human feel hot (just as wind chill makes us feel cold), but it matters little in terms of the ability for a radiator to transfer heat into the air.

Your driving conditions are no different (in fact perhaps better) than many cars driven in Miami, Dallas or LA. Toyota would have you put 5w20 GF-4 oil in that same engine in those cities in the USA. (and before someone cries "CAFE", I just want to point out that Toyota has lots of room under the CAFE limits, so I highly doubt they would sacrifice their reputation for a little mileage improvement)

I suspect that many of the oils you list are fine. What does gas cost in Jakarta? What made you decide against a 10w30?

You would be hard pressed to get better than Motul. Im not quite sure what spec and viscosity your Corrola calls for, but either Motul 8100 or 300V would work and would without a doubt be my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back