Motorcraft makes good wipers

I have been buying wipers at the local Ford dealer for years now. The Motorcraft Premium Flat wiper blade as they're called. Very good wiper for the price. Have them on my Suburban (2 front and 1 rear) and just put a new set on my F150.

Reasonably priced around $14 a blade. I realize you can maybe buy at Walmart/RockAuto/online cheaper, but for a walk-in scenario I am happy.

Auto parts stores can and do charge well above that -- I think last I saw a set of Bosch Icons were >$50 a pair.

I just go in and tell them what sizes I need.

Worth trying if you are so obliged.
The premium Motorcraft blades are Valeo Ultimates. If you have an arm where the blade attaches with side tabs, they are the only ones that fit correctly

It wouldn't surprise me if Bosch was the supplier to BMW/Mini for wiper blades.

When I bought wiper blades at the VW dealership, they were either Bosch or Valeo, just the luck of the draw for me. Then eventually ordered the Bosch Aerotwins from Amazon.

I miss those days when Bosch offered the Micro-Excel refills to refill their blades.

Perhaps SWF, Valeo, Bosch - it doesn't matter. OE VW still arent the same.

VW also sell refills. Part number 1K0 955 429 B. They're are intended for using
on a Mk5 (1K0), but they also do fit Mk6 and Mk7 wipers. About 10 € btw..

I also stick with Motorcraft wipers, but don't care for the beam type. I find when it gets cold (
I feel the opposite, that if there is precipitation and it's that cold, the main thing I don't want is a block of ice frozen up in the open trellis frame type, also freezing them to a block of ice on the windshield, so if I try to start them before thawed out enough it risks tearing the blade, or if I try to chip ice away it risks breaking the hood cowl plastic slats. I should mention that i also wipe some PTFE infused silicone grease on the outer portion of the beam support (staying away from the blades themselves to not make a ridiculous mess on the windshield) so ice doesn't adhere to it. It still deposits but with less thawing comes off easier.

When it's that cold, I just need the wipers to knock away snow or chunks of ice, without damaging anything, not so much be perfectly adhering to the contour of the windshield. I bought beam blades as an upgrade specifically for this purpose, even though I do lift them off their hinges so not sitting on windshield if I expect snow/ice but that expectation is not always predictable. Things *happen* when I'm asleep.

I bought 2-3 sets of Motorcraft blades after we bought my wife's Fusion. They are great blades and the dealer frequently had a coupon for something 2 for $20. Downside is my work hours are the same as the parts counter's hours and it just wasn't convenient to get them.

Back