Motorcraft HDEO 15/40 and 10/30 oils in gas engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the Motorcraft HDEO 15/40 and 10/30 good oils to be used in GAS engines?
I ask this 'cause Delo400, Pennz.LL and Delvac are being often discussed as great to be used in gas engines, but i've never seen the same said about Motorcraft HDEO's, while their regular dino oils are well respected.
Does anybody know why?
Website of Motorcraft doesn't have any physical data, other than saying that these are good for cold starts down to 0 deg.F

I wonder how a 2:3 mix of Motorcraft HDEO 15/40 and 10/30(reg) would be in a gas engine(Ford 4.6L sohc, 1997)...or jst HDEO 10/30, but I haven't seen it anywhere:-(
any info??

97tbird, I wouldn't bother running more than a 30wt in this engine. You mentioned that you ran autorx in your car b4, why not go the synthetic route in this engine? Honestly, there is no need to go to a 40wt in a car that is speced for a 30wt unless it has some kind of oil consumption problem or leak. Remember, thicker is not always better, and I run a 20wt in my civic
smile.gif
!!

Heavy duty oil is the best oil on the market . If the temperature is not to cold for a 15w/40 it will work. 10w/30 though may be more than enough viscosity .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back