Motorcraft FL-820S cut-away comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow- that was intense........
I have a sheet load of Motorcraft FL-820S filters but I switched to F.U. XG and am now afraid to use the MC because of what I've seen here.

Thanks!

that looked good and Motorcraft used to be my go to filter but their quality is not what it used to be.. My next oil change will probably be with the Ultra because that seems to be the better filter at the moment..

I am probably going to go back to Walmart oil filters now that they are back. I ll use up my current stock of Motorcraft and Purolator. I am not a long oil change guy. As long as it's not a E-core, I might have some unfiltered oil but I won't destroy a motor.

Last edited:
I think I would want to tout that my oil filters don't have to go into bypass not how when the do send unfiltered oil to your engine it is slightly cleaner than the [censored] in the bottom of the can.

Been posted here several times before and afaik dates to ~2009-10. Information about the Wix/Napa Gold not accurate, as I'm sure several others like the Pennzoil are, construction no longer the same. Wix/NG use dome bypass in this application, possibly out of patent concerns.

Happy to continue using NG1372's. Interesting that the WIX has 61 pleats and the NG1372 has 55 pleats. I thought they were the same filter? The 820s looks pretty good at $4 while I pay $8-9 for the NG1372. Thanks for the great info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back