Motorcraft 5W-20, 2000 Mercury Sable 3.0L 24V duratec, 4,397 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first UOA and wanted to see what you guys thought. The car is a 2000 Sable with the 3.0L, 24 Valve, Duratec engine.

The car had 61,397 miles at the time of testing. The oil is Motorcraft 5W-20 which was run for 4,397 miles at time of testing.

I drive roughly 80% of the time in city conditions in the Atlanta area. This oil was in the car from late spring through the entire summer. This is the second run of Motorcraft oil in the engine prior to that I ran Valveoline durablend 5W-30.

From the below info does it appear that I can extend my OCI out to 5,000 miles on this oil? What do you guys think?

Aluminum 2
Chromium 0
Iron 10
Copper 1
Lead 0
Tin 1
Moly 32
Nickel 0
Manganese 0
Silver 0
Titanium 0
Potasium 0
Boron 49
Silicon 21
Sodium 3
Calcium 1857
Magnesium 8
Phosphorus 572
Zinc 678
Barium 0

Sub Viscosity @210F = 50
Flashpoint 385
Antifreeze 0
Water 0
Fuel Insolubles .3

That would be easy, in fact, being post wty, I'd be looking to go longer. The only limiting factor I did NOT see is the TBN. I'd predict, however, that as unstressed as this oil looks, your TBN is probably still pretty good as well. Still, I'd want to see that before I got aggressive with OCIs.

Is this one of those Ford engines with lead-free bearings?

Overall a great report. Thanks for posting the info.
cheers.gif

Thanks for the inputs.

With regard to the bearings, I have no idea if they are lead-free. I guess its possible.

Don't sweat the silicon.
I've looked at every UOA I could find on the Duratec, and it seems like it NEVER has a silicon below the teens, even when its in perfect shape.
21 is nothing to worry about.
By the way, here are the results from my '02 Duratec:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002786#000000

In that thread, I was told that my oil had thinned excessively. I am not sure how your 50 SUS compares to my 7.25 and 7.55 CST. It seems like it's inbetween the two...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back