Motor Trend rips 2020 Ford Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Come on fellas, it's not that bad.
I'm sure many fleet companies (rentals, government agencies etc.), and law enforcement have all been enjoying the slightly lower purchase price.

Aside from that, I cannot see any benefit to purchasing another Ford product for myself.

That's funny you mention it, these horrible crates are the official vehicle of the police in the USA, all the more reason why I would never buy one.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by edyvw
I just do not get it! What is wrong with these people? Didn't they learn anything by now or their self interest is so short term that they will burry company for few bonuses?
Yes, VW will own them soon if this continues.

All these brass tacks care about is a quick profit for themselves and the shareholder, after their destructive stint in a few years or so they leave with their huge golden parachute and bonuses and could care less about the havoc they have brought on the company.

Exactly right...

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Come on fellas, it's not that bad.
I'm sure many fleet companies (rentals, government agencies etc.), and law enforcement have all been enjoying the slightly lower purchase price.

Aside from that, I cannot see any benefit to purchasing another Ford product for myself.

That's funny you mention it, these horrible crates are the official vehicle of the police in the USA, all the more reason why I would never buy one.

You get the fume-induced benefit of a near-death experience, usually can't put a price on action like that.
With Ford you can lease it too !

Ford's have been c rap since the Dodge Bros. got screwed by Henry and they stopped providing the whole car less the body in the 1920's.

I don't understand why everyone is so upset at Ford. The industry is packed full of players many of which have high legacy expenses and demand in general is peaking.

IIRC the VW / Ford tie up is with regards to EV development. I can't ever see VW acquiring Ford because there's no value in it on the VW side. VW is doing fine with their Tiguan/Atlas, Q5/Q7, Porsche Macan/Cayanne lines.

Basically what I'm saying is if diehard Ford owners would never own a VW, why would they own a Ford with VW parts?

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I don't understand why everyone is so upset at Ford. The industry is packed full of players many of which have high legacy expenses and demand in general is peaking.

IIRC the VW / Ford tie up is with regards to EV development. I can't ever see VW acquiring Ford because there's no value in it on the VW side. VW is doing fine with their Tiguan/Atlas, Q5/Q7, Porsche Macan/Cayanne lines.

Basically what I'm saying is if diehard Ford owners would never own a VW, why would they own a Ford with VW parts?

They own Fords full of Mexican parts. VW is Mexican. I fail to see any differences in parts origin.

Originally Posted by CKN
If you don't need "body on frame" the Korean Telluride and Palisades are much better values-and they are put together better as well.

Ford will be merged or bought out within 5 to 10 years.

I agree the Telluride is a better value.

I almost rented one a few days ago.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by CKN
If you don't need "body on frame" the Korean Telluride and Palisades are much better values-and they are put together better as well.

I agree the Telluride is a better value.

I almost rented one a few days ago.

The complaints are mounting on those Kia's too … how about engine overheating for #1 …

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Ford boys will love what I have to say. VW and Ford formed an alliance. VW needs to lend a hand to Ford on their interiors, maybe more.
VW will own Ford Motor Company by 2025.

I think that's a good thing. I used to hate VW (my sister's MK4 Jetta was a huge pile) but their latest offerings have really stepped up. The value you get with a lot of their cars has really improved, particularly with cars like the Jetta. In my mind Ford has always had interiors that resembled something built by Little Tikes.
lol.gif
Their expensive vehicles even seemed like Little Tikes with leather.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

They own Fords full of Mexican parts. VW is Mexican. I fail to see any differences in parts origin.

I'm not talking about parts origin but design/assembly philosophy.

I have not really looked at an SUV, everything aside in this thread. I can't believe how much they want for either of these!

I would not write off a Ford/GM merger either. As crazy as it sounds they are both domestic companies and have worked together in the past on many projects. Who knows, but that certainly would be make for an interesting vehicle.

Originally Posted by sohccammer427

I would not write off a Ford/GM merger either. As crazy as it sounds they are both domestic companies and have worked together in the past on many projects. Who knows, but that certainly would be make for an interesting vehicle.

That would start a civil war. It's not likely to happen since GovMo is not healthy either.

I'm not sure how the Ranger and new Exploder are a failure.

The local dealers cannot keep either on the lots around here. And you can't go 5 minutes without seeing them on the road.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by sohccammer427

That would start a civil war. It's not likely to happen since GovMo is not healthy either.

After a strike that was over a month long, GM still managed to profit over 6 billion last year. And then there's Ford's 2019 profit. 6,500,000,000 > 47,000,000

Originally Posted by sloinker
Ford's have been c rap since the Dodge Bros. got screwed by Henry and they stopped providing the whole car less the body in the 1920's.

Pretty low value post. Many of us on here have owned some great Ford products over the years, myself included. Henry built Willow Run for the war effort, folks tend to forget the good and focus solely on what P's them off
21.gif

The responses here are so comical. "Ford sucks...Going out of business...". Just keep parroting what the autorags say!

The brand bias in bitog gets ridiculous sometimes. Don't get me wrong, the Explorer launch was a debacle but it will still sell more than the Koreans with a higher transaction price.

I don't get the nut swingers for the Telluride. It's ok but apparently they cheap out on the engineering and only focus on the interior materials. Just remember, nothing is for free.

I'm not a big fan of the new Explorer, but not much in that segment is really exciting. The thing that gets me with most of these SUVs now is that... what people really need/want are minivans with AWD for snow/poor weather. Most SUVs have already started morphing into minivans slowly. See current Honda Pilot compared to the previous gen. No doubt the new one is more aerodynamic, but in doing so loses all the bulky strong styling. I also think most new cars... and SUVs... are just containers for tech you're paying for that will be oudated in a year. This isn't just one brands issue.

Still, it sounds like from that article all things considered the Pilot would be the way to go when comparing those two. Of course, the Pilot had some transmission issues a few years back now too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back