Ford 2.7 - Bad batch of valves

Ford following GM's footsteps of courting low quality suppliers. Big three outperform each other.

The Bronco 2.7 is slightly different than the F150 engine. Different oil pan (7qt capacity vs 6qt), the heads seem to have different part numbers, etc. Not totally sure what all they changed but it's not the same engine.

I have an engine built during the concern period that has ran perfectly for 9k miles so far. The issue has been overblown but Ford is to blame for not putting a lid on the pot when the issues first arose. Worried Bronco owners couldn't get answers from Ford so they escalated to the NHTSA to try and get an investigation. It seems to have slowed down and I no longer worry about mine, but it would be nice to have an official statement on who is affected and what can be done instead of "wait til it blows". You would think they could identify the bad batch and which engines they were used in. Instead they just hushed every employee who made mention of it.

Its kind of sad a person can spend so much money on a nice vehicle only to have the engine torn apart because of defective parts. Hopefully it's only on a small percentage of the vehicles. I really like the Bronco's.

Back