Mossberg Maverick 88 Cruiser.

nice rig vladiator, though im not a shotgunner, you are making your intro to 2a into a piece that works for you.

i like the 12ga mini shells but used them only in a h&r 12ga single shot with automatic ejection of spent rounds, where they were certain to work reliably.

since you mentioned more firearms are likely to come your way, may i suggest a 22lr something?

There are some good videos on YouTube on how to handling a shotgun when using one for self defense situations. Recommend taking a look.

*I believe Mossburg has an adapter available in order to reliably use the mini 12 gauge shells - hopefully it fits the Maverick series pump 12 gauge as well .

Nice shotgun. Keep it loaded with buckshot. I personally use #1 Buckshot as it’s proven to be as lethal but with less risk of over penetration in defensive situations than 00 buck. Also has double the pellets and more lead than 00 buck.

You can also use #4 buck if you’re very concerned about over penetration in home defensive situation. I wouldn’t use anything smaller than #4 buck if I had a choice of shell for defense. Consider in a home defense situation what’s on the other side of your walls and pick your shell accordingly.

Last edited:
Here's one I put together a while back.

Attachments

• IMG_20201030_151610734.jpg
    IMG_20201030_151610734.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 26
Back