More strangers showing up

Yellow field tile would make it more visible.
Paint the gates yellow?

I don' t mean to sound unfriendly. I am very friendly. If anyone here wants to visit let me know,let me know if you like BBQ sauce and what time to expect you.

But don't show up @2a un-anounced and bang on my door while yelling " is anyone home". Then act suprised when you get a barrel pointed @ you lol.

My point is that they’re hard to see and perhaps that’s why people are hitting them. Im also the one who suggested log chain over the driveway, which imo isn’t very friendly.

Somebody knocking that way at 2am is a bit odd and does justify answering the door with a shotgun.

My point is that they’re hard to see and perhaps that’s why people are hitting them. Im also the one who suggested log chain over the driveway, which imo isn’t very friendly.

Somebody knocking that way at 2am is a bit odd and does justify answering the door with a shotgun.
Oh the last guy that hit the gates knew it. He got out,inspected it then ran through them.

A more substantial gate they can't drive through without destroying their vehicle, will keep them out.

I agree. Maybe an inexpensive farm tube gate will psychologically look more intimidating: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/tarter-utility-tube-gate-50-in-h-x-10-ft-l .....It's what we use at my workplace.

I imagine that like most deterrents, it will only keep the honest people out. Signage early on should help: private drive, dead end, no turn around, etc.. A parks & rec. college course I took decades ago suggested that "positive" signage worked better than "negative" signage. Instead of No Trespassing, something like: "unimproved road - vehicle and tire damage likely" might work better???

How to deter morons and thieves will be the biggest challenge. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC1
If you have a creek divert a leg of it to travel through a segment of the road.
Culvert removal will also accomplish the same

That is what my grandfather did and his AWD 1.5 ton 1958 Marmon Herrington would just drive through it while those with cars would just get stuck, it created amusement in the winter when it would be snow covered and dbags would dive in not knowing there was a creek there

If you have a creek divert a leg of it to travel through a segment of the road.
Culvert removal will also accomplish the same

That is what my grandfather did and his AWD 1.5 ton 1958 Marmon Herrington would just drive through it while those with cars would just get stuck, it created amusement in the winter when it would be snow covered and dbags would dive in not knowing there was a creek there
Not too many creeks in the desert!

Have they messed with the mine cart any more?

Get an old police vehicle (preferably Crown Vic), park it on the side of your road, and set up some flashing blue lights with a motion sensor somewhere ahead on the road. You'd want the lights to come on before they get close enough to tell it's staged. Make sure to have cameras near the motion sensors. Probably just Methany in her 93 Accord.

Radiation sign:

F772D988-E7FB-4B06-9C99-4BA158B1D7EE.png

Getting way too complicated. Buy a shovel and a bag of lime for anybody who passes the second gate with a "No Trespassing" sign attached.

I live a couple of miles down a private dirt road, three families are full time residents and two aren't.

Gate, signs, fake and real cameras, warning people, it makes little difference, people drive down to fish.

I maintain the road, and in the winter the trespassers are using the road five times as much as the residents. The road gets torn up pretty bad during the freeze and thaw cycles.

When confronted they all claim to be friends of residents, we must be the most popular people in the state to know all these people. Although most aren't able to remember the name of the close friend that said it was OK to be there.

They also put trash in our dumpsters which are down the private road a bit. I'd rather they throw stuff in the dumpsters than leave it on beach, but I don't think computer monitors and household trash was stuff they used while fishing.

Back