Modern body work

Silver can be a tough color to match.
When sprayed as water based, it goes on green and then flashes to silver with some paint systems. Imagine getting used to that as a painter lol.

Fortunately the rear cover is getting painted so should be good. I hope they cover the interior after they took the second pic. Nothing like bondo dust in your car.

We used a decent sized body repair shop and find the way they organize cars interesting likely for efficiency and also documenting their work and emailing updates.
Looks like a nice shop by the interior organization.

Water base, and is why many new vehicles have paint that likes to peal off. I don't think Boeing uses it on the 737, it would lose all its paint on the first test flight. :love: (n)

Ya- I believe the issues I've had/having with a 2015 accord in obsidian blue, flaking off, rust at rear window......didn't expect that. I don't know how much they save on substandard (industry standard?) paint, but they blow it out the back end in warranty.

When paying for a service-
Drop car off
Don't worry about how they run their business/and/or how they get to your (hopefully) satisfactory conclusion.

When paying for a service-
Drop car off
Don't worry about how they run their business/and/or how they get to your (hopefully) satisfactory conclusion.
This one bothers me as down a car and sharing 2 cars amongst 3 people. Did not appear to be a clown show like my past body shop experiences.

The worst was the one I never paid deductible $1000 as they never asked. Months later the insurance asked if repairs were done because they never cashed check from insurance.

I always had access to my parents 3 vehicles for 1 driver . So skipped out . However smartly my dad 80yrs old sold his 21 year old vehicles at peak of automotive market.
Pretty sure it isn’t too late - go back to the adjuster and request one.

Back