Question about body work

Sorry if I missed it, but have you gotten any trade in offers? In today's market, even as-is i wouldn't be surprised at offers of double that.
If I owned it and could get $ 10,000 for it I'd sell it so fast I'd make your head spin!

Reactions: JTK
Probably going to keep it until the engine or trans doesn't blow. Honestly, probably one of the worst cars we've owened. Timing chain tensioner looks like it's been on its way out since 40k miles or so. Transmission jerks when you break. Trans fluid was changed at 45k miles. Cars only got 80k miles. Drives worse then the 98 camry my dad used to drive. My dad brought the car for my older sister brand new back in 2013. Majority of the damage is from here driving it for 3 years. I'd gave her pay for the door and stuff. Rust was after
If it's that bad, I would just drive it and save your money.

Update: Put the car on the lift. Everything underneath looks fine. Other than some of the bolts started to get surface rust, nothing major. Talked to the dent guy at my job. He won't be able to take that dent out since it's too big in diameter. He said a body shop would most likely pinch weld the door to remove the dent. Then use a small amount of Bondo.

Wow, there’s a lot going on in this thread. At the end of the day it’s a 9 going on 10 year old Accord that honestly is the perfect daily driver for the rust belt. I’d imagine this car will make it a solid 15 years before any rust presents a safety problem, possibly longer. They’re good cars, but nothing to get worked up about. I also get the sense that you want to blame your sister for the car’s condition, at least partly. If this car is causing resentment amongst family members either sell it or learn to live with it without resentment. I can just sense the resentment and frustration in your posts and it’s not worth it.

Me personally, I’d leave it the way it is and drive it until it has major mechanical issues, or until the rust poses safety risks. Good luck.

Back