Mobil mx2t

Status
Not open for further replies.
What retail stores stock this stuff or does it have to be ordered? How would it compare to Maxima Formula 2K Synthetic. Primary use is in a Lawnboy mower. Also to be used in my trimmer, edger, and blower. I use a mix of 32:1 in all these tools. My Stihl calls for 50:1. Could I run it at 32:1 or all of them at 50:1?

It's stocked at Autozone for $3.50. (I just bought a pint yesterday).

I plan to mix at 3oz. per gallon of premium and use it in all my 2 cycle equipment. (that's a tad over 40:1)

MX2T is reported to be pretty good 2 cycle oil. Has anyone seen a UOA of MX2T ???
wink.gif
smile.gif

[ June 18, 2003, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: davefr ]

I hope that I don't sound stupid by asking this but how on earth do you do a used oil analysis on 2-cycle oil?
grin.gif

MX2T will compare quite favorably with maxima K2 when it comes to performance and will cost much lesss. As for running it at 32:1. I use MX2T in my stihl saws, BP blower and trimmer,jonsered saws and brush cutter, Honda cr 500 af, Wajax fire pumps, and a rz 350 streetbike all at 32:1.

I mixed up a batch of MX2T last night. (3 oz oil, 1 gallon 92 octane gas, 1/2 oz Stabil).

I tried it out in my Echo brush cutter and it sure seemed to run better than my previous mix. (It's probably all psychological just like when your car seems to run better right after an oil change.)

This oil is very clear and has a perfume like smell. (Stihl 50:1 oil is almost black out of the bottle).

I'll see how it does over time.

Did anyone see on Mobil's motorcycle MX2T page that it states "Please note that MX2T product has not yet been reformulated". Sorry I guess they don't want links anymore. With SuperSyn is what they are talking about, the best I can figure out. Does any one know if this is good or bad? Should I stock up?

I run Maxima K2 in my jetski and trimmer/edger. Seems to be great with very little smoke and burns cleanly with no carbon residue. Doesn't have the great smell of the old castor 927 maxima, but doesn't have the oily goo either...

Blano, what makes you think the mx2t is better than k2?

[ July 10, 2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Lightman ]

blsnelling, I think mx 2t will burn cleaner in applications that are not heavily stressed by virtue of its unique ester chemistry which burns very clean at low temps. K2 takes quit abit of heat before it will combust completely which results in deposits if a engine is operated in this manner.

I see. Well both my weed wacker and jetski use K2, and they both are used at wide open for extended periods
grin.gif
Guess that's why the k2 is burning so clean. My spark plugs look as clean as new after hours of use...appropriately colored of course... just no residue! Maxima makes good stuff. Also, the mx2t is supposed to be dirtbike offroad oil. Dunno why, maybe it's not ashless, but I don't think you're supposed to use mx2t in personal watercraft. Is this correct?

MX2t is perfect for watercraft and meets SeaDoo's stringent requirements. There is no reason to aviod MX2t in watercraft.

Chris

I took a static compression reading before I started with the mobil mx2t 225lbs hot. 35hrs + later I took a reading yesterday I am still reading 225lbs. 36:1 av fuel 100LL. I pulled my pipe just to get a look at the exhaust side of the piston and rings. No blow by what so ever.I had 20 hrs on the top end before I switched to the mx2t. My compression with a fresh top end is 230lbs. The main powervalve had no carbon when looking through the exhaust my powervalves are ''going to be easy to strip compared to the maxima 927. 927 can lubricate and lubricate well,but the powervalves are a bugger to remove. I like a clean motor,but I also like a well lubricated motor. I will see how the mx2t compares to the 927 lubricating wise.

Keith.
"LET'S JUST RIDE".
00,03 KX250

[ August 29, 2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: KX 455 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back