Stihl MotoMix, TruFuel, VP SEF, Echo RedArmor canned fuel - any meaningful difference?

Some airports also have unleaded aviation fuels; Mogas (91 octane, no ethanol) and more are carrying the newer UL94 (94 octane, no ethanol). Neither are inexpensive, but both are less costly that TruFuel, etc. Believe they have to be stable for 2 years, IIRC.

#1 Echo redarmor or #2 stihl moto mix, or #3 VP. Do not use all the rest of them.

I will mix my own with ethanol free, then premix red armor, then I will use the water trick to seperate out the ethanol out of E10 if I have to got that extreme.

Looks like I’m not the only seeing things with TruFuel. I’m making a slow move towards electric(Ryobi 40V, which HD says is comparable to EGo), so looking to get the most life out of what I have.

I had to replace a Stihl carb, it saw TruFuel. Not sure if it was a coincidence, I had to junk two Echo machines recently. Both saw 50:1 TruFuel - before they ran on 50:1 Echo PowerBlend and Chevron 91 pump gas.

For the last few years I finally started using Stabil Marine in 87 E10, no ethanol free gas at stations close to me, with Amsoil Saber @70:1. Then I empty whatever is left in the tanks and add to the tank some TruFuel or an equivalent 50:1 canned fuel and run it for ~5-7 minutes, then store it. That's been working good for when Spring rolls around again. My 2 cycle equipment does not get heavy use, but it's handy to have and it all runs real good. I did get a Ryobi 18V string trimmer which gets the most use and is perfect for my yard. I should add my Ryobi gas leaf blower uses my mixed gas all year around. I use it to blow snow of the deck, walks and vehicles. That's if it's not too wet or deep snow.

Every two-stroke engine I have runs better with 90 octane non-ethanol pump gas and the proper ratio of JASO FD oil.

I use canned fuels.. I mostly try and use, and prefer the 4-stroke and add my own oil..
Local HDepot sold the trufuel for $5 a can last year... I stocked-up.. I am confident this fuel will last 2-3 years, I am not worried.
I would have got a bigger stash... but wifley stared to ask questions... LOL
My snowblower used it all winter and I use it to end/start the season on my lawn mover and Husq lawn tractor, happy with the performance.
All my OPE gets my canned mix.. seems to work verry well.
VP and truefuel with my mix works fine..
Pre-mix Aspen gave me mmmm ... doubts, shall we say. Starting issues, rough idle and stall... no idea why the difference.
Tried some VP pre-mix.. no issues.
My 2c
J

Back