VP Pro-Max 50:1

Hi guys! I havent posted in over a decade, but after buying a new chainsaw this weekend, im back.

Ive been diving in to the world of premixed fuel again. Ive ran trufuel in my stihl trimmer for 10 years without much thought, but after a lot of recent reading, I'm going to try VP. Obviously the 94 octane regular mix is perfectly fine for everything, but what about the 97 octane pro max mix? It looks like its geared more towards very "high demand" machines like chainsaws and concrete cutters, and not so much trimmers and blowers.

Would there be any benefit at all to run this in a trimmer and blower? Or the opposite question, is there any chance of causing harm by running this in a trimmer and blower?

Run with full confidence what do you believe you will harm? Myself I'd buy VpC9 fuel and blend with Vp two-stroke oil

only harm to your wallet. High quality product I would trust.

I use 90octane ethanol free gas with the vp racing 2 cycle oil JASO FD(9.64 makes 6 gallons)
so my cost for 6 gallons of mix would be around $32 or less than the cost of 1 gallon of their premix.

Now if you only use a quart(or 2) a year thats fine.. but I dont. I do buy it on clearance at the end of the year for 1-2$ per qt can.

I typically use .5 to 1.5 gallon in the leaf blowers, and about the same in the chainsaw.
Although there have been some rough years lately with alot of fallen trees so maybe 3-4gallon last couple years.

I didnt score any premix cans last year but did get 3 bottles of 2 cycle oil at 3.75 each.

Which just this month reappeared at the local walmart now that the holidays are over.

Look up who makes the oil for TruFuel. There is an oil certification on the side. You might be surprised. (VPRacing)

Why would the oil cause harm? It is just VP oil. I wouldn't run any oil at 50 to1. I run 32 to one. I used to weed wack 3 acres on the side on a hill for fire safety and after about a half an hour of use you could tell there was much more power with the 32 to 1 mixture. The spark plugs last the exhaust ports are spotless.

Why would the oil cause harm? It is just VP oil. I wouldn't run any oil at 50 to1. I run 32 to one. I used to weed wack 3 acres on the side on a hill for fire safety and after about a half an hour of use you could tell there was much more power with the 32 to 1 mixture. The spark plugs last the exhaust ports are spotless.
I may not have been clear enough. I wasnt asking about the oil, I understand that the oil is ok. The difference in octane (regular mix vs pro-max mix) is what my question was focused on.

I may not have been clear enough. I wasnt asking about the oil, I understand that the oil is ok. The difference in octane (regular mix vs pro-max mix) is what my question was focused on.
The 97 octane won't cause any harm, but with that said I wouldn't pay more for it over the 94 octane stuff. The 94 octane VP 50:1 mix is perfectly fine for chainsaws, blowers, and other equipment. It's good stuff.

Hi guys! I havent posted in over a decade, but after buying a new chainsaw this weekend, im back.

Would there be any benefit at all to run this in a trimmer and blower? Or the opposite question, is there any chance of causing harm by running this in a trimmer and blower?

Exactly the same benefit and liability as running 93+ octane gas in a 2005 Toyota Corolla that specifies 87 octane gas. No real advantage and the only potential for damage is to your wallet.

Back