Mobil 87/89 synergy detergent?.link....

The Best Gas for Your Vehicle​

Exxon and Mobil Synergy™ gasoline​

Quality you can depend on​

When you fill up at an Exxon™ or Mobil™ station, you can be confident you’re getting TOP TIER® gasoline every time. Available in three octane levels, our Synergy gasoline has been engineered to help clean up intake valves and improve gas mileage and performance.§§
  • Fuel detergents 1, 2 and 3 – provide outstanding cleanliness in port fuel injection engines, and now in gasoline direct injection engines. Cleaner engine parts can lead to better gas mileage, engine protection and engine performance. Our newest detergent keeps your engine 2X cleaner for better gas mileage. ‡‡ (Benefit available only in Synergy Supreme+™ premium gasoline)
  • Friction modifier – new ingredient protects your engine by reducing wear and tear by 30%.‡‡ (Benefit available only in Synergy Supreme+ premium gasoline)
  • Anti-adhesion compound – helps prevent fuel detergents from forming a sticky film on the intake valves, which in turn helps prevent cold start problems at cold temperatures
  • Corrosion inhibitor – helps prevent rust in fuel distribution systems and/or key engine parts the fuel comes into contact with, such as the gas tank and the intake valves
  • Demulsifier – helps keep water from getting disbursed with our additive in the distribution system and helps prevent accumulation of water in your gas tank by allowing it to be separated and removed
  • Solvent fluid – enables the additive ingredients to stay mixed, flow and not freeze at very cold temperatures
  • Marker molecules – ensures we can determine if the correct amount of our unique additive is added to our gasoline

From their website. It didn't make sense to me...their saying Supreme has 2 x more spdetergent,yet their saying also,their 3 octane levels clean up intake valves,deposits ect. But in double plus symbol...synergy supreme only.
Does their 87/89 octane have 2 times detergent too? Or no?

M Exxon uses mixing pumps. So their 89 octane is two parts 87 and one part 93 octane so you'd obviously get some of the 93 benefits, Exxon went the route of making their 93 octane "special" to compete with Shells V-Power. 87 octane is Top TIer but does not have all the chemical "bells and whistles" of the 93 octane.

The 87 seems to be pretty good fuel with solid degs. Switched to it some year back due to moving. I tend to select fuel based convenience more than anything and was using mostly non-TT prior. My older Fusion saw an increase in MPG after the move and switching. Made a post about it and folks said I was nuts to even suggest the fuel did something. Everyone swore it must’ve of been other factors; it was alI in my head. I suspect the fuel cleaned things up in the engine, but I don’t truly know. Nothing else changed on the vehicle, I only moved one town over so couldn’t be environment, and I didn’t completely change my driving habits overnight.... But whateves.

M Exxon uses mixing pumps. So their 89 octane is two parts 87 and one part 93 octane so you'd obviously get some of the 93 benefits, Exxon went the route of making their 93 octane "special" to compete with Shells V-Power. 87 octane is Top TIer but does not have all the chemical "bells and whistles" of the 93 octane.
I was told by 2 mechanics,some years ago...89 is 60% 87,40% 93.

My question though is,does mobils 87,89 octane use synergy?and are both those octanes 2 times detergency? Or is it just for the 93 ?

My question though is,does mobils 87,89 octane use synergy?and are both those octanes 2 times detergency? Or is it just for the 93 ?
Pretty sure it’s standard for a mid grade to be a 50/50 blend of the regular and premium - so once you know how much additive pack each gets it’s basic math …

No, it's not 50/50 blend. Were talking octane here, so work with that, I don't remember the exact percentage though.
I believe every word of this marketing! ;)

I think you’re best off asking ExxonMobil yourself and see if they give you an answer. All EOM branded stations receive the “synergy” additive package, with Supreme+ having the highest level and greatest benefit. My guess, and this is just a guess, is that Supreme+ gets the same synergy additive as regular 87 but in a higher concentration.

Assuming mid grade 89 is blended at the fuel dispenser, mid grade 89 would have a higher additive mixture compared to 87, but less than Supreme+.

I emailed them.
We jyst got a phillips66 station,in my city! Thier website says 3 times the detergency. Shell says 2 times detergent. For 87,89 octanes.
Ditto triclean,says they added nitrogen,but no 2,3 times detergency.seems just basic.so,as for mobil..they just promote their 93 having 2 times detergency.it would seem,shell and Phillips are high detergents for 87,89 octanes.better than mobil!?

Pretty sure it’s standard for a mid grade to be a 50/50 blend of the regular and premium - so once you know how much additive pack each gets it’s basic math …

Depends on what the standard for 91 is. (R+M)/2 octane ratings have pretty linear blending with unleaded. If the standard premium octane is 91 (like in California), it should be 50/50 with 87. If it's 92 (seen that in Washington), it should be 40% 92 and 60% 87.

I hate algebra, but I guess this is good to exercise the old noggin every once in a while.

92*A + 87*(1-A) = 89
92*A + 87 - 87*A = 89
92*A - 87*A = 89 -87
5*A = 2
A = 2/5 = 40%

If it's 93:

93*A + 87*(1-A) = 89
93*A + 87 - 87*A = 89
93*A - 87*A = 89 -87
6*A = 2
A = 2/6 = 33.3%

So that would be 1/3 93 and 2/3 87 to get 89.

sometimes "leftovers" can be used for other stuff. remember reading years ago that flouoride was a waste product from aluminum + $$$$ got it approved for use in OUR water supply!!!

Back