Mobil 1 FS 0w40 has bmw longlife 01 again

They don't offer that oil in EU,i am not sure.. but it could be the reason why it doesn't show on the list🤔
No M1 fs 0-40, no 5-40 either.
they told me that 0-40 is out in the market but..nope .they are selling old fs api sn and new life one. no api SP yet.

just esp 5-30 from mobil api SP is out there in europe now.

Mobil started to remove HT/HS and VI from the PDS around the time Gokhan came up with his BOQI. I assume companies watch this site. I can also understand why some companies don't publish a lot of data. Consider how many people make poor decisions based on one particular data point, say HT/HS or how much of a particular additive an oil has.

The VI appears to be 180 and HT/HS 3.6. Also, it's called 0w40 Triple Action + in other parts of the world. All of their oils are using their new formulation.

1700653535198.png

Last edited:
Mobil started to remove HT/HS and VI from the PDS around the time Gokhan came up with his BOQI. I assume companies watch this site. I can also understand why some companies don't publish a lot of data. Consider how many people make poor decisions based on one particular data point, say HT/HS or how much of a particular additive an oil has.

The VI appears to be 180 and HT/HS 3.6. Also, it's called 0w40 Triple Action + in other parts of the world. All of their oils are using their new formulation.

View attachment 189746
Whats strange is that spec sbeet is completely different than our FS 0w40. Not by much i guess but its odd to me

this is from asia area as i can see.no bmw ll01 there for M1 0-40 too.so only US pds and product in markets has bmw ll01.nowhere else in the world!
strange this is happening .now if this is happening in 2 continents then it cant be an error on print. i guess different recipe and no bmw ll01.

Regardless of what the BMW technical document says, what about the fact that many EU websites don't show FS 0W-40 carries LL01 approval? Perhaps they have different formulations of FS 0W-40?
Last time we asked Mobil, they said it's a global formula. I'd suspect they just haven't updated those other websites yet.

Last time we asked Mobil, they said it's a global formula. I'd suspect they just haven't updated those other websites yet.
i dont know in asia, but since there is no product -API SP- in the market yet, at least the European, its the most possible explanation, . no new product selling yet, no update...even though its not good policy for a very punctual company like mobil.

i dont know in asia, but since there is no product -API SP- in the market yet, at least the European, its the most possible explanation, . no new product selling yet, no update...even though its not good policy for a very punctual company like mobil.
last time M1 0w-40 was updated from new life to fs formula it took about 1 year(or over one year) to arrive in my country.

I really don’t understand what is an issue? Mobil1 doesn’t have that product in Europe yet. Ok, and? Mobil1 for example had always ESP products first available in EU then US. I think they prioritize logistics based on needs of market.

I’d imagine it can be found if one tries hard enough. The Russians got it at the oil club even though there’s sanctions.

I really don’t understand what is an issue? Mobil1 doesn’t have that product in Europe yet. Ok, and? Mobil1 for example had always ESP products first available in EU then US. I think they prioritize logistics based on needs of market.
availability is not the issue here.we are just trying to explain why there is no bmw ll01 approval in european pds.and asia as our friend posted.nothing more nothing less.

Back