Mobil 1 Annual Protection w/ Walmart giftcard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$10 Walmart gift card with purchas of Mobil 1 AP. I would post the pic if i could figure out. I saw the tags on the 5qt jugs.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Ha so it isn't selling well! Good job XOM marketing team!

Walmart is usually pretty particular about their shelf space. If it isn't moving, they'll drop it eventually. Wonder how long it'll take. It takes up the top shelf at my local store and every time I swing by, it's pretty much full like no one bought any.

Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
How do i post pics?

google "bobistheoilguy how do I post pics"

Believe it or not, you're not the first.

Thanks for the info. I'll check my local wm tomorrow

What do the regular M1 shelves look like? In particular the EP line.

It's $60 in Pepboys.
eek.gif

Saw the $10 Walmart e-gift card today too.
Makes me think motor oil sales-marketing will begin to look like what Kohl's and other clothing stores do: Everything is almost always on sale (or rebates) and rarely sits on the shelf at the "regular" price.

I'm still seeing Mobil1 Extended Protection on the shelves, for now. I predict this M1 Annual Protection will replace Extended Protection and be priced about the same as the current Ext Prot in about a year.

Saw iBotta has an additional $10 rebate on M1 AP too. Not enough to tempt me, I have a good stash of QSUD, PPPP, & Havoline already.

My local Walmart has sold 2 5qt jugs, both last week, if the 2 missing bottles is linked to purchases. They've yet to replace those 2, or have sold an additional 2 everyday since.

I think their marketing might help. They're running some "still changing your oil every 3k miles?" ads pretty heavily. I'd buy it if I didn't know better.

Heck, even Mom asked about it thinking it would be advantageous over the Mobil SS she's running right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back