Mobil 1 advanced vs Pennzoil ultra platinum which cleans best!

As title says! Which would clean engine best!? I know ultra advertises up to 65% sludge carbon..but Mobil advanced dosnt market on bottle or website as glamorous.i know Mobil is not a real synthetic anymore. But...for cleaner engine,and pistons Pennzoil seems too have the additive advantage.
Thoughts,input?

Or neither. Completely dependent on the specific formulation.

I thought we just went through this?

And beyond that, what kind of cleaning do you need? Do you even know if the engine needs cleaning? Lots of people on here imagine their engine needs cleaning, if that’s the case then an imaginary cleaner works just as well.

As title says! Which would clean engine best!? I know ultra advertises up to 65% sludge carbon..but Mobil advanced dosnt market on bottle or website as glamorous.i know Mobil is not a real synthetic anymore. But...for cleaner engine,and pistons Pennzoil seems too have the additive advantage.
Thoughts,input?
What do you mean Mobil isn’t a real synthetic anymore?

Just my $0.02

There is no test I'm aware of that tests what oils can clean the best. Find an oil that keeps things clean first and foremost. Look for tough industry standard tests and specifications. The IIIH and GM turbo deposit tests are good, among some of the Euro specifications.

Cleaning can only be assumed based on PDS verbiage and known esters used. And even among esters some don't clean that well, such as Red Line per Dave G. We only know HPL cleans so well because they're transparent enough to say so and people have seen some carbon in filters, although I am not convinced it's from the rings, but that's irrelevant.

Or neither. Completely dependent on the specific formulation.

I thought we just went through this?

And beyond that, what kind of cleaning do you need? Do you even know if the engine needs cleaning? Lots of people on here imagine their engine needs cleaning, if that’s the case then an imaginary cleaner works just as well.
This^^^^^^^ Lol.

Thoughts,input?
other than the sake of debate, why are you asking? whats the application? what does it look like under the valve covers?

Project farm has tried bananas, ATF, and a few others. Check him out on youtube.

Thoughts,input?
neither cleans best.
Both do a good job of keeping a clean engine clean.

I took interest in pennzoils advertising.ultra up too 65% cleaner pistons . Years ago,2004/5 I used Mobil 1 advanced one oil change.beater 95 neon I had. I don't remember to eframe maybe 3 weeks, it cleaned out the rear main seal . Puddle of fresh oil under it. I ve read up on advanced here,today,and the experts here are saying the PAO ,esters in advanced are gone today.except for 0w40. The advanced today is group 3 basically. So it seemedcl to me ultra had the better advertising and claim about cleaning an engine up

Does ultra have an actual cleaning advantage over advanced? As in it cleans better than Mobil 1?

Does ultra have an actual cleaning advantage over advanced? As in it cleans better than Mobil 1?
You need to slow down and read the responses in both this thread and the previous one I linked. You keep asking but I don’t think you’re digesting anything.

Should be no worries about keeping that engine super clean using either....
Mobil-1 EP
Castrol EP
Valvoline EP
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.

But what matters-most when it comes time to drain that oil, is determining how long of an OCI you need. Some engines are designed to stay cleaner than others. Some owners drive their vehicles hard and slow in the inner cities.....etc....etc.

Your driving habits and your OCI length tells you when to change the oil. Sometimes just smelling the oil lets you know when dilution is gaining acceleration......etc.

Should be no worries about keeping that engine super clean using either....
Mobil-1 EP
Castrol EP
Valvoline EP
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.

But what matters-most when it comes time to drain that oil, is determining how long of an OCI you need. Some engines are designed to stay cleaner than others. Some owners drive their vehicles hard and slow in the inner cities.....etc....etc.

Your driving habits and your OCI length tells you when to change the oil. Sometimes just smelling the oil lets you know when dilution is gaining acceleration......etc.
Keeping clean is completely different than “cleaning”, which I read the OP is asking about.

Lol I forgot I posted a thread!
Well for rings .I do know from what I've read,it's not easy for oil too clean piston rings. Like , would Mobil advanced also do a good amount of ring cleaning? I read another member here saying only Pennzoil n Mobil really know..but if anyone here would know or guess.
I don't have stuck rings...

Back