Mobil 1 5/30, 4,045 miles, 01 Chevy 2500HD 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
116,800 miles on truck.Driven hard at times with frequent towing. Oil was changed with OLM
Oil filter used Super Tech 3675
Air Filter K&N CAI

Aluminum 3
Chromonium 1
Iron 18
copper 4
lead 3
tin 1
moly 76
nickel 1
maganese 1
silver 0
titanium 0
potassium 2
boron 45
silicon 9
sodium 6
calcium 2244
manesium 15
phosphorus 613
zinc 748
barium 0

sus visc 61.3
flashpoint 380
fuel insolubles 0.3

Blackstones Comments:
ROBERT: Everything looks good in the first sample from your 6.0L. All wear read below universal
averages and in the proper balance to indicate that normally wearing parts are at work inside your
engine. Universal averages are based on an oil run of ~4,500 miles. The oil was in good shape
physically, containing no moisture, fuel, or coolant. Both silicon and insolubles read normally, which
shows good air and oil filtration. The TBN read 3.3 so you have some active additive remaining. 1.0
is too low for extended use. Try 5,000 miles next time. Your engine can handle it!

Gosh, there's another piston slapper about to tear itself apart. . . Seriously, other than the signature M1 Fe, this is an outstanding report, especially at this mileage. I'd look to 5k, but OTOH, you could probably go 10k (with a TBN to be sure), but that would be hard with a big zero on the OLM staring at you for the second 5k miles. Or you could just reset the OLM at 5k and let it count down again. Really, whatever you do, outstanding. You got a good one, and despite your towing, you're not taxing it. Make sure your will is clear about who's supposed to get it when you pass on, or there will be a fight over who gets this keeper!
cheers.gif

I really appreciate the comments. I only did a UOA due to the the recent Mobil 1 news. Therefore I wanted to make sure it was still doing good for my engine. The next one will be with the T&SUV 5/30, so we will see how it compares.

You should be able to safely increase this OCI by 50%, based on this data....An excellent wear pattern for a large displacement V-8 motor.

TS

Quote:

Looks excellent.
What was OLM reading?

I dont have the read out on mine, just the light. I drove about 100 or so miles while it was on. I dont know how much u have left when the light comes on, maybe someone could enlighten me on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back