Mobil 1 5-20w for summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it does have a OLM. I dont trust it. Mainly because I don't understand it and doubt it takes ACTUAL driving & conditions in consideration.

I'm guessing at 5k miles with your driving, your OLM is telling you the oil has a remaining life of 40%.

Believe it. With any 5W-20 oil you can run that OLM down to 0% and never worry.

FWIW, I have an '04 CR-V, and the OLM light is only based on mileage; every 8000 miles it turns on. It's even documented in the owner's manual.

Also, I run Mobil 1 5W-20 year round.

Dave, your OLM may or may not be the same type as found in a 2006 Honda Accord. I know the Honda Ridgeline OLM takes many factors into consideration, I'd assume a 2006 Accord would be similar if not the same. But the O.P. may want to check in with a Honda-specific message board to be certain on how the OLM in his vehicle works.

quote:

Originally posted by Accord2005NJ:
Hi Mark,

Welcome. I have 2005 Accord 4 cyl and 2005 CRV 4 cyl. In the winter I use 0-30 German Castrol mostly. In the summer I use Mobil 1 10-30 (even 10-40). Always synthetics and with Mobil 1 filters. I do my OCIs every 4-5,000 miles.

I also do Auto Tranny fluid fill and drain every 2 oil changes (I only use Hondat ATF).

Good luck.

Sounds just like my routine. A little overkill I know but it makes me comfortable
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Buford T. Justice:

I would be very interested in seeing that UOA assuming you don't use after market additives. I hope you will post it in the UOA Forum here. [/QUOTE]

I have already emailed for the test kit. I do not use additives nor, at this time, is it necessary to top off between changes.

I plan on having a TBN done and evaluation by Terry.
I will post results when I get them. Probably in about 6-8 weeks.
I will look forward to everyones input then.
Just MAYBE I will be convinced to lengthen my OCI. We will see.
dunno.gif

I live in Fl and use M1 0w20 in my Mazda6, and my car seems to love that thin oil. I change it twice a year on my 04, which comes to about every 5-7k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back