Mobil 1 0w-40

It’s garbage for my application. I would definitely run PUP 5w-30 in my civic calling for 0w-20. There’s plenty of information out there saying it barely makes the cut as a 30 weight anyways. Now in my car when I press the gas and the turbo starts spinning, you know something is about to shear out of spec. I’d much rather have a 40 weight in there than the 20 weight PUP masquerading as a 30 weight.
More wisdom. Thanks.

Switched the 2011 Maxima to it, engine is definitely quieter on it compared to PUP5w30 that was in the sump for the last 3k miles, came down as tar!
Idle (especially when at operating temp) is definitely smoother. I had to order 2 jugs of it to get free shipping from Walmart. Local WM doesn't have the 5 quarts jug in stock, seems like I live in an area heavy with bitog'ers lol.
I also liked the notion of silver lid under the jug cover. Pennzoil cheeps out and sell the jug with no silver lid.
20201017_165550.jpg

I usually hear Pennzoil is quieter than Mobil ... not that I care about the noise but you had the opposite experience.

I also liked the notion of silver lid under the jug cover. Pennzoil cheeps out and sell the jug with no silver lid.
SOPUS uses a rubber gasket in the top of the cap which seems to make a better seal than the cellulose gasket you find in the top of the 5qt Exxon-Mobil and Castrol bottles, so they don't need the foil seal I kinda like the idea because I find the foil seals to be kind of annoying cause they're usually really well adhered to the bottle and you can't just remove the whole seal so you have to cut it and sometimes there's residual foil in the way that interferes with pouring, although I find the rubber seals on the SOPUS bottles seal a little too well and with the low profile small caps they use they're kind hard to get off everytime you reopen the bottle. Ideally I'd like a bottle with the wide opening like Mobil1 and castrol jugs with an easy pull off seal like they use on chevron jugs.

I used to believe the same, but this M1 seems as quiet as the Pennzoil, fresh to fresh
That M1 is significantly thicker than PUP 5W30 ILSAC.
Comparison should be done with similar oil, like Catsrol 0W40, PUP 5W40.
That being said, I could always notice M1 being noisier in my 2.0T VW's. Few weeks ago I switched from PUP 5W40 to M1 0W40 in my BMW and did not notice any difference, but then engines do not get any smoother than BMW inline six, so who knows.

That M1 is significantly thicker than PUP 5W30 ILSAC.
Comparison should be done with similar oil, like Catsrol 0W40, PUP 5W40.
That being said, I could always notice M1 being noisier in my 2.0T VW's. Few weeks ago I switched from PUP 5W40 to M1 0W40 in my BMW and did not notice any difference, but then engines do not get any smoother than BMW inline six, so who knows.
There is no 5w40 PUP!

Back