Mobil 1 0w-40

M1 European is the one you can come in to a WM store and actually buy for $23. You don’t need the ESP unless you’re driving a Corvette

If it meets the spec then fine but if not and it is an engine of this type you have to take LSPI into consideration. IMO it is not as widespread as they want us to believe but I am sure it happens under certain circumstances.

M1 0w40 is getting a lot more love latey. Noticed it here and in my local WM. They stock ALOT and it flies off the shelves like it's free 😁

Maybe we can see a future when all oils unite and 0W40 will be the supreme leader taking up %90 of the shelves ... lol :alien: maybe it already is the supreme leader? I don't follow the news.

with the Noack @OVERKILL posted, it's not bad. If they can drop that a point or two more, it would be very lovely.

Switched to Mobil 1 Euro 0w-40 from that thin and leaky PUP 5w-30 garbage on my Ford ST. No more oil consumption and rattle at 5k rpm. If it’s good enough for a Porsche, it’s good enough for my car. Plus 22 bucks at Walmart with a $3.97 Motorcraft filter made in the USA. Cant beat it.

Only downside I can think of (also a positive in some cases) is Mobil 1 Euro has a large amount of calcium which is thought not to be good for preventing LSPI.

Switched to Mobil 1 Euro 0w-40 from that thin and leaky PUP 5w-30 garbage on my Ford ST. No more oil consumption and rattle at 5k rpm. If it’s good enough for a Porsche, it’s good enough for my car. Plus 22 bucks at Walmart with a $3.97 Motorcraft filter made in the USA. Cant beat it.

How many times did you run PUP 5w30?

Both 0w-40's appear ( per MSDS ), use GTL/PAO in similar amounts. Majority GTL with some PAO and likely POE/or AN.

I second MrStamper observation regarding PUP 5w30. For me this is my 4th OCI in my VQ engine with it and the burning patern is still consistent. About a quart per 3k to 4k miles. Yes it's a short tripper (I make sure to reach operating temp each time being driven) but meticulously maintained throughout its life with consistent 4k OCI and OEM Nissan filters. My last PUP run for sure and I'm switching to M1 0w40.

About 3 times. Was originally running Mobil 1 EP 5w-30 but read the rave reviews of PUP so I made the switch. Turns out engine developed a minor leak at 60k miles which lasted the duration of the time I was using the oil. And oil consumption went up. Keep in mind this is a 2.0L GDI turbo engine, the prime example of the ultimate oil abusing engine. I than made the switch to Mobil 1 0w-40 and the sea has calmed. The leak disappeared and oil consumption is nil. I highly recommend the oil.

Ah yes, the certain brand is "garbage" poster. "thin and leaky too". Whatever next?

Ah yes, the certain brand is "garbage" poster. "thin and leaky too". Whatever next?
It’s garbage for my application. I would definitely run PUP 5w-30 in my civic calling for 0w-20. There’s plenty of information out there saying it barely makes the cut as a 30 weight anyways. Now in my car when I press the gas and the turbo starts spinning, you know something is about to shear out of spec. I’d much rather have a 40 weight in there than the 20 weight PUP masquerading as a 30 weight.

Back