Mobil 1 0W-20 and extended drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be ok to do 20,000KM on this oil if the filter is changed every 5,000KM and toped off?

Well there is a very good chance that I'm going to do a UOA. If I have enought time, because it's starting to get cold here and it feels like it's going to start snowing
grin.gif

I'm hoping to wait till november before I do the test.
It's a 90 sunbird 2.0L I drive it conservativly to some heavy here and there.

I wouldn't waste my time doing the 5000km oil filter changes, just go for the full 20,000km on the same oil filter and you'll be fine I'm sure.

Do not use this oil in your sunbird. Your sunbird requires a 30 wt oil. Only use 20wts in cars that recommend it. Why not just use mobil 1 0, 5, or 10w30?

quote:

Originally posted by HOndaGuy:
Do not use this oil in your sunbird. Your sunbird requires a 30 wt oil. Only use 20wts in cars that recommend it. Why not just use mobil 1 0, 5, or 10w30?

You missed the other thread, where he lives in a place where it gets from -20 to -40 on cold starts. Considering the environment, the 20 weight is fine IMHO (ymmv...)

Even with NAPA silver filters? I can't change because I got a good deal on them and I also have 6 of them
grin.gif

So would I be ok with that, or should I still change the filter and top off just to freshen things up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back