Missed appt. window. 5% OLM left...

OLM is at 5 percent. Earliest appointment at Ford for the 22 Explorer 2.3 Turbo is in late September. It's a lease, but I might wind up buying it out. So now I get to choose my own oil and filter and ask you guys about it! Changing myself. Will be buying at a local AutoZone or AdvanceAP. Whaddya think for oil and filter? Thank you so much!

OLM is at 5 percent. Earliest appointment at Ford for the 22 Explorer 2.3 Turbo is in late September. It's a lease, but I might wind up buying it out. So now I get to choose my own oil and filter and ask you guys about it! Changing myself. Will be buying at a local AutoZone or AdvanceAP. Whaddya think for oil and filter? Thank you so much!
If you want to keep it as similar as before, can’t go wrong with Motorcraft products.

I take mine to 0% and longer. I wouldn't ever worry, just drive it till the appointment. One little stunt like that does nothing, and i assume it's included in the lease. After the lease an SP rated euro 40 grade like m1 or quaker state is what I'd use.

The 2.3 should take about 6 qts of oil, unless it has some wildly different oil pan to my Ranger. The Havoline 6qt box of Lifelong 5w30 from Walmart gets my vote. If for nothing else than ease of use.

Just me but if I were potentially keeping an Eco I would not use the OLM and would use whatever quality synthetic oil you want with a solid filter and look to 5k OCI's. I do like the ECO's a lot and if I were getting a new F150 I would likely go 2.7 Eco. Wondering if you'd share your engine hours/idle hours. Might be interesting since you are on LI.

Wait a second, you have almost 3,000 posts and you don’t change your own oil?? 🤣🤣 I’m kidding.

Persoanlly I’d just go to my local Walmart, buy your filter there, and pick up some Mobil1 (or Valvoline, Castrol, QS, Pennzoil, ST). They have every thing you need right there, and you can’t beat their prices.

Just me but if I were potentially keeping an Eco I would not use the OLM and would use whatever quality synthetic oil you want with a solid filter and look to 5k OCI's. I do like the ECO's a lot and if I were getting a new F150 I would likely go 2.7 Eco. Wondering if you'd share your engine hours/idle hours. Might be interesting since you are on LI.
9k miles. Barely any idling. Mostly highway. My wife's car.

Back