Milkshake Oil - Ram Ecodiesel

"Tweaks" equals new. They literally changed the parts. Why are other techs with "extensive training from Chrysler" saying exactly the opposite about this engine, and showing evidence? Everything FCA told us during the product launch has been seen in photos and explanations from technicians who post on the facebook owners groups. Hell, the Gen 3 engine even had changes made to stiffen up the block because Gen 2 had some bearing issues after they started using them in trucks.
Again....u believe what u want. I have been for training on new engine 😀

This is also incorrect. The Gen 3 filter has a redesigned relief valve inside. Dealers were sent a TSB that stated in bold writing DO NOT USE A GEN 2 FILTER ON A GEN 3 ENGINE. But if you are a technician with "extensive training from Chrysler" then I'm sure you've already seen this, right? :)

The reason the Gen 3 filter is no longer removable from the cap is because technicians who have no idea what they're doing were putting Gen 2 filters on instead. So FCA decided to change the Gen 3 filter and make the element non-removable in hopes that it would stand out and get attention.

P.S. this isn't going off "what I was told", this was discovered through my own research doing service on these engines and buying maintenance parts for them.

Gen 3 has always been that way they didn't change anything . Its always been that way from first one we got. Where did I say to use the wrong filter? You have to be pretty stupid to jam the wrong filter in when they list a different filter for it.....just like all the lube shops that jammed the wrong filters in the 3.6 when they changed.
That's why I posted pic of 2 filters side by side....it may be different/updated but it's almost exactly the same. Oh....well they DID double the price so that's new! 😆They SHOULD have upsized it due to all the soot these put in the oil.
Anyway....If u want to believe these are "all new" have at it ,I don't have a cent invested. The more people buy the more I make . I will certainly not ever buy one nor will ANY tech that I know or any of the dozens of other techs I talked with at training. You have fun with your truck🙃

Last edited:
Never buy an Italian made diesel. Never buy a Franco-Italian Truck. They look nice. They don't run well. Trade this in before warranty expires. I can;t see any use scenario where a diesel makes sense in a light duty 1500 / 150 truck. 99.9% of people buying diesel would be better off buying a gas engine. You can replace the whole gas motor for the cost of some repairs to a diesel. If you like the diesel sound put some speakers externally and play a loop of diesel truck sounds.

Sorry to be a downer.

Back