Microsoft Windows Sucks, too bloated get it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
Im a long time supporter of Microsoft, a made in the USA company.
But forget it, I give up.

1. Windows 10 was a nice upgrade, across all the devices in my home, laptops, touch screen laptops and desktops. It really improved the experience on the touchscreen laptop.

2. I loved the hotmail/live/outlook email, great ways to sweep and clean up your inbox. I have 4 email accounts with them forever now.

Ok, with the above said.

1. I freaking give up, Microsoft got to big and is falling flat on its face as far as consumer devices.
They just are completely impotent to get ANYTHING right.

A. FREAKING UNENDING Windows 10 updates, for months and months on end now, at least every two weeks your computer gets tied up in never ending updates. It Sucks.
B. Many times these updates screw something up with your networking, or printers or whatever, then the next update after that comes along and fixes it. Its a relentless cycle.

2. Outlook/Live/Hotmail now SucKS.

A. It used to be good but once again, the over intelligent people over at Microsoft over engineered Hotmail/Live/Outlook mail so much it is slow as [censored]. Constantly loads, slow to load, you can get NOTHING done quickly if you expect to just jump in and out of your email.

B. I give up and moving a lot of myself over to the Google/Chrome Platform, something I thought I would NEVER do because of googles invasion of privacy. But, im selling my privacy because Microsoft has completely screwed up everything.

So, yes, I expect to keep a Windows desktop or two.

But next laptop will be a simple Chrome Book. I also just dumped my Windows phone, not that it was bad, in fact I loved my Windows 8 phone, well done but MS is abandoning us users.
So hello Android, not as tightly put together, but ok, I like it.

So I am onto Android with a gmail account that we all allow Google to scan, invading our privacy but whatever.
Until someone else better comes along, I will now be moving a lot of stuff over the the Chrome world AND keep a presence in Windows world hoping for a game changing company that can make everything work properly, fast and without reading every word of my emails like google.

So ends todays rant ... :eek:) Bye, bye Microsoft for 50% of what I do, Hello Google for the 50% I left Microsoft, while I wait for someone to get it all together on a speedy platform that I can do 100% again..

When it comes to technology, we are NOT advanced YET. In another decade or two, people will look back and laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like and have no complaints across all my Windows 10 devices.

I had one problem with the anniversary update on my MSI GE72 2QE and it was resolved with another update about a week later. Turns out it was a problem with my Nvidia drivers. Ran DDU and clean installed and the log in crashing went away. Any other problems were resolved with further update.

I use the web interface for Gmail for everything else.

I have an S7 for my phone and Android is great and all, but I'm waiting to jump ship soon. The fragmentation and general lack of cohesiveness in the OS can be frustrating.

Last edited:
I'll take this opportunity to suggest Linux: It's free, open source, community-developed software and much, much less resource-intensive than either Windows or Mac. Ubuntu or Mint are good, friendly first-time user distributions. I am currently writing this on a 10 year old Thinkpad laptop and it runs just as smoothly as any new computer.

I haven't used Windows since 7, each iteration seems to get worse. Changes for the sake of changes (from a UI perspective) drive me a bit nuts. And Windows 10 has some serious privacy concerns.

Last edited:
That's why I switched over to the Apple world. So much better, Updates just work seamlessly, no hanging, no lagging, no reboot needed. For me, Mac OS combines the stability of the Unix world with the acceptance of the hardware manufacturers (like Windows).

I switched from Android to iOS too. I liked Android in the beginning, many many years ago. But nowadays I don't like it anymore, to many different devices out there to develop apps for. Some apps run perfect on device A but not on device B and so on. And for most devices don't expect system updates after they get older than a year. I know you can use something like cyanogenmod, but for me the Android world is just too fragemented.

That's why I was very happy when Windows Phone 8.1 came out, I used them including Windows Mobile 10 till February 2016, where I finally gave up. Microsoft lacked support and so did apps. Unfortunately, I really enjoyed Windows Mobile.

Sooner or later I will ditch my Android Tablet for an iPad Pro.

Last edited:
Pretty much MS is a damaged consumer brand; still king in the business world (on the desktop only) but no one buys stuff because it can run Word; if people can communicate and collaborate with others with something else, that's all that is needed.

Constant updates are a good thing; it means they are actively fixing things (hopefully) Unfortunately, their software packaging model is so hopelessly bad. The fact that machines slow down after years of use indicates something is fundamentally wrong.

Quote:

When it comes to technology, we are NOT advanced YET. In another decade or two, people will look back and laugh.

MS has convinced a generation that this nonsense is what personal computing is; it isn't; Download a desktop linux distribution and free yourself.

There is an army of BITOG'rs who will gladly address your concerns.

Last edited:
I use Win 10 and Linux Mint, and I am honestly getting tired of Windows. I was a big MSFT fan, not so much anymore. I think for me it's just a matter of time before I pull the plug and MSFT.

Linux Mint on a USB stick works great on my laptop. I boot into Linux more than Windows. Eventually, I will install Grub, but until then, the USB option is a nice compromise.

I never seems to have issues on my cheap HP laptop running Windows 10, but I really only used it for internet surfing. I now have a MacBook Pro which is what I am using to type this message. No complaints with it or the OS either.

Feel better now?
Emotionally stable people don't have hissy fits like you just had. Your veiled attempt at profanity doesn't reinforce your credibility either.
If you don't like it, if you can't handle it, if it's beyond your capabilities, or if it just plain old gets you that upset then there are other systems that may be better suited for you. Just move on.

I am running win10 on high quality 8 year old hardware thinkpad T500 laptop with $80 120gb ssd drive and 8 gb ram and the computer is incredible IMHO due to win10. Win 7 it was okay but slowish and win Xp a pig.

Win10 is efficient code.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
I am running win10 on high quality 8 year old hardware thinkpad T500 laptop with $80 120gb ssd drive and 8 gb ram and the computer is incredible IMHO due to win10. Win 7 it was okay but slowish and win Xp a pig.

Win10 is efficient code.

I tend to agree. Things improved from Win8.

But my Win10 is doing strange things with video. Might be something to do with directx that I installed recently.

Probably worth doing a clean Win10 install.

dude try Linux, it's so much better then windows could ever dream of being.

android/chrome are a linux variant.

oh and it's FREE!!! open office, is FREE..

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Feel better now?
Emotionally stable people don't have hissy fits like you just had. Your veiled attempt at profanity doesn't reinforce your credibility either.
If you don't like it, if you can't handle it, if it's beyond your capabilities, or if it just plain old gets you that upset then there are other systems that may be better suited for you. Just move on.

People just love people like you who jump into forums to comment on other peoples posts and tell them how to behave.
How about this? If you dont like the post or cant relate to it, take a hike and move on to another thread.
You do realize 12 (TWELEVE) other people had a constructive conversation in this thread except for you and one other person. Look in the mirror buddy 14 people and your one of 2, as always, someone with nothing better to do.. .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PolarisX
I like and have no complaints across all my Windows 10 devices.

I had one problem with the anniversary update on my MSI GE72 2QE and it was resolved with another update about a week later. Turns out it was a problem with my Nvidia drivers. Ran DDU and clean installed and the log in crashing went away. Any other problems were resolved with further update.

I use the web interface for Gmail for everything else.

I have an S7 for my phone and Android is great and all, but I'm waiting to jump ship soon. The fragmentation and general lack of cohesiveness in the OS can be frustrating.

Yes, I slowly see myself moving to gmail. I really liked outlook and MAYBE they will speed it up, latest update, god, so slow to load at times, like a step back in time.
My wifes desktop wont update to Win 10, funny you mention, its a video driver, forgot which, but no update coming for it as best we know. Thats ok anyway, gosh, we are starting to fall over ourselves with devices. *L*

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alex_at
That's why I switched over to the Apple world. So much better, Updates just work seamlessly, no hanging, no lagging, no reboot needed. For me, Mac OS combines the stability of the Unix world with the acceptance of the hardware manufacturers (like Windows).

I switched from Android to iOS too. I liked Android in the beginning, many many years ago. But nowadays I don't like it anymore, to many different devices out there to develop apps for. Some apps run perfect on device A but not on device B and so on. And for most devices don't expect system updates after they get older than a year. I know you can use something like cyanogenmod, but for me the Android world is just too fragemented.

That's why I was very happy when Windows Phone 8.1 came out, I used them including Windows Mobile 10 till February 2016, where I finally gave up. Microsoft lacked support and so did apps. Unfortunately, I really enjoyed Windows Mobile.

Sooner or later I will ditch my Android Tablet for an iPad Pro.

Ah, yes, loved my Nokia 630, just retired it, Win 8 was great, but I always seem to be beating a dead horse *L*. Rest of family always used Android devices, so I just joined them, like any new toy, its fun for now, something new..
I have a company paid Iphone for work. Dont really like it too much, it very well maybe simply because when I see the phone, I think of work! *L*. I also have a company Verizon Ipad, same deal, its ok, but when I see it, I think of work. *L*

A quick reply to everyone else, thanks for the input, yes, Linux, I love electronics/computers, webdesign, etc. Just dont have the time or will at this time to tackle it. Always crazy busy at work and when I have my days off, if its nice out, leave the electronic world behind and hit the road on the bike!
If the Linux day comes, Ill take you up on the offer of help!

I've never had any major complaints with Windows going back to 95. I ran W10 for a year, and it performed okay but I just didn't like the tiles, lack of customization and a few other elements. I found myself enjoying the Linux Mint Mate experience more, and ended up transitioning all of my machines over.

My work PC is still on Windows 7, I like it a lot more than W10. If I went back to Windows on my personal machines, it would be 7.

Each OS has it's own advantages, disadvantages and set of problems.

MS Windows has been the de facto OS for gaming PC's for many years. Several years ago you would have a sparse amount for games for MacOS and small indie games coded for Linux. For the past few years we've bee seeing cross-OS games being released and classic games that still being supported are being ported over to Linux. A lot of the major titles still don't support MacOS or Linux yet. I play a lot of computer games so I can't see myself moving to another platform for gaming. I have my gaming rig and a Mid-2010 Macbook both running on Win10 (yep the Apple Macbook too) with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back