Having problems accessing email via client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since last Friday my Outlook client cannot connect with my email account [email protected]. I can acesss the mailbox with the web interface in a browser.

I can sign on to Outlook via a web browser, but not on an email client.

Quote:
Microsoft's IMAP / POP servers for Hotmail/Outlook are malfunctioning for about 33% of users. This means you cannot access those accounts using software that uses IMAP or POP. This includes Thunderbird, Outlook for Windows, Android Mail, iOS Mail.

Things that DO work: Webmail, 'Mail for Windows 10', 'Outlook for Android' (these three use a private channel to send/receive, bypassing the error)

The advice MS reps are giving is to login to webmail and create an 'Alias' (another email account linked to the broken one) and use that in the meantime. They confirmed that the IMAP & POP servers are indeed down, with no time frame for restoration.

Last edited:
Which Office version do you have?

With Office 2013 you can:

Open Outlook-> Click File-> Click Office Account-> Sign Out

Then sign back in and it might work. I have to do this often for people at work (IT Help Desk)

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Since last Friday my Outlook client cannot connect with my email account [email protected]. I can acesss the mailbox with the web interface in a browser.

Having the same issue this morning, although I use Thunderbird as my email client for Hotmail.

My Outlook 2013 was doing the same thing with my Hotmail account. Very frustrating. Then I got an email from Hotmail that said they had dome some upgrades and to uninstall and reinstall.

In outlook, go to file - account settings and then remove your email account. Then click add email account and add your Hotmail account again, and it might be fixed.

Thats all I had to do with my email to get it working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back