Micron HVAC Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a post regarding how dirty an "air conditioner" filter gets: S2000 used A/C filter post with pictures

On cars without them, it either collects on the A/C evaporator, the inside of the vents, or gets pushed out into the cabin.

Now changing this filter makes a big difference in airflow... after changing it you can usually get adequate airflow at a lower blower setting.

Thank goodness on newer cars it's as easy to change as an engine air filter. On the first models, you typically had to tear apart the dash to get to it!

Yeah, if the '98 Accord is similar to the '00 Accord. The cabin air filters (there are 2 of them sitting side-by-side) in the 2000 Accord are right in the middle of the dashboard. I changed them once on my brother's accord for him. I'll tell you what I remember. It took about 30-40 minutes to do. I needed some simple tools, maybe just a phillips screwdriver. I first had to take out the glove box and the trim piece beneath the glove box. I think that was the biggest step. Then there was another piece or two that I needed to remove from inside the dash. Then you can see the edges of the filters near the AC evaporator. They come out very easily (there may have been a clip or something holding them in). Pull out the black ones and put in the nice new white ones and put in all back together. Not too hard, but not simple either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back