Metal specs in 2GR-FKS ( 2019 - Highlander V6 at 50 000 miles)

Update, vehicle was brought back the dealer in January 2024 we dumped oil, magnetic drain plug had only slight film on it, oil filter was free of metallic particles.

I did another oil change this weekend, and everything looked look vehicle now has 10 000 KM since the original metal shaving discovery.

Like other Highlander owners of the Gen 3 I am now more preoccupied about a potential failure of the 8 speed auto transmission, there have been a ton of reports on Toyota Nation (https://www.toyotanation.com/thread...1778733/page-2?post_id=14979799#post-14979799 )o f the 8 Speed starting to develop a whine and then a replacement at what seems to be low milage.

That doesn’t look good at all. I would get it documented with Toyota.

If this was a Pentastar this thread would be 4 pages long about Chrysler bashing.
That’s just how it usually is.

Pentastar fails because the owners a moron and had the last service performed by the dinosaurs usually ends up in 45 cope paragraphs about how they’re the worst company on earth and should’ve been ran out of business 1.2M years ago.

Yota 3.4TT fails 3 times in a tundra before 45k, it’s just an oopsies. Definitely NOT crappy design guys, because it’s toyota!

Back