Mazda skyactiv specific oil filters

That thread is all over the place, lol. If the engine was idling at 1500 RPM after warming up then something is wrong with the idle control system, or something else beside the oil & filter is causing it. Then he did an oil change and the idle went down to 750 RPM when warm and that's what it should be. So he's thinking the oil filter caused the idle to go from what it shouldn't be to what it should be ... what a mess of confusion going on in that thread. :LOL:

Definitely that’s not normal. Mine idles at around 550rpm. 750rpm is a high idle.

Yes. There is some variation as the idle increases for a moment for emissions control then back to 550.
Most automatics will idle lower when in gear vs in neutral due to load on the engine when no in neutral ... that was the focus.

Resurrecting a bit of a dated thread here but I can confirm that Mazda part number PY8W-14-302 is the specific OEM filter spec'ed for the Skyactiv 2.5T engines. We are on the tail end of the Mazda pre-paid oil chance package on my wife's '21 CX-9 and I checked back through all of the service record print outs and that part number is specifically listed as "Filter, Oil Turbo (VPM).

Back