May have found a unicorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds kinda... rare. Might be interesting, depending upon what you want it for.

Awesome truck, I've always wanted one of those.
I always wished they made the Dak R/T in manual... Would be totally on my hitlist of used vehicles to own someday.

Cool find!

My first brand-new vehicle purchase was a 1993 Dodge Dakota 2wd, reg cab, shorty, 5spd w/ 3.9L Magnum. I loved that little truck! IIRC, I got it for ~$12K all-in. That 3.9L had real good power to it for the day.

Joel

Bogus.
frown.gif
It was actually a 4WD V6. ARRGH!

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Bogus.
frown.gif
It was actually a 4WD V6. ARRGH!

Couldn't you build your unicorn for almost scrap prices these days?
I remember in HS, a girl had a short box 2wd Dakota with a 360 V8... Her Dad and brother put it together, probably over a weekend. It was had a great rumble and soft enough suspension and decent tires so that it would squat back over the tires when she got on it.

Any 5.2L square body that's not beat to death is a pretty good find. These trucks are hard to find in good shape.

Seems like half of the really clean ones I see are convertibles. I have seen at least 3 or 4 separate Dakota convertibles in the last three years or so. I don't know how many were made (it was a factory or Chrysler approved conversion company job), but it doesn't seem like it would be many.

IIRC, there was a Shelby Dakota too.

Saw a convert on CL, and also a Dakota L'il Red Express, which is totally impractical but kind of cool.
smile.gif
Also saw a 1994 Mark III Dakota...basically, a loaded V8 extended-cab 2WD with the whole option list (even power leather seats!), an overhead console, lower body cladding and hood bug shield, and 15x7 alloys with 255/60 tires. Never seen or heard of one before.

Eljefino: what's the story behind that one?

Mark III was a conversion company that I believe is now defunct. They did vans, pickups, and SUVs. Conversion trucks were popular in the Southeast and Texas in the 1990s, but not so much elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back