Maxlife transmission fluid Relabel?

I just tried to get some maxlife from AutoZone and they said they were told to pull it off the shelf and not sell any untill further notice...

Anyone heard of this? Nothing on my Google search.
All I can see is Advance and O'reilly is selling it for $10 more ($36) for a gal jug than most other stores but it is in stock.

I'm surprised they haven't recalled their 10W-40 and 20W-50 MaxLife since they're improperly labeled as being ILSAC GF-6A and display the starburst on the front of the bottle, I tried to tell them it was incorrect using the contact for on their website, I also used a contact form on the API website and their Motor Oil Matters website but haven't heard anything back.

[QUOTE="I Haven't heard anything yet. Hope not....I've got like 9 qts in the truck right now.
[/QUOTE]
Might want to keep an eye on this for lot numbers and if you no longer have the containers you might want to consider multiple drain/fills or a flush.

Contact Valvoline, they have a phone number.

Could just be a harmless recall, but I certainly wouldn't risk it or attempt to by any from other sources such as Walmart like mentioned in another post.

Counterfeiting?... just a guess.
I doubt it, they usually get it directly from distributors who get it directly from manufacturer, the chances of a counterfeit product in a major chain store is probably slim to none.

There is no official recall from Valvoline.
Did you contact Valvoline?

If you did not and stores are being told to take it off the shelves and do not sell it then we can only assume there is a recall of some sort. Until this is clarified officially people should be very cautious about purchasing Maxlife ATF.

Back