Marijuana on the left coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr
I would rather share the road with MJ users than with alcoholics.

in order of danger in my opinion
alcohol
screaming kids
mj

cell phones double the threat.

rod

Agree 100% with this.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Tobacco also has studied medical benefits...

It's really remarkable how people who know the least about a controversial subject tend to demonstrate the most vociferous and imbecilic arguments.

But that's how willful ignorance operates. It just gets funny when the cognitive dissonance sets in.

Originally Posted By: UberArchetype

It's really remarkable how people who know the least about a controversial subject tend to demonstrate the most vociferous and imbecilic arguments.

But that's how willful ignorance operates. It just gets funny when the cognitive dissonance sets in.

No, it's funny how institutionalised demonising of a product leads to the exclusion of any positive factors.

Does Tobacco have positive medicinal effects ?...yes

Does it have detrimental side effects ?...yes, and most certainly, and balance of probabilities, I've never partaken, nor MJ.

What's that white slip the rolls out as long as your arm with your prescription med, that you assume is packaging, and throw out ?

Edit...and should you ban either on legal grounds ?

NO!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UberArchetype

What's your pharma drug of choice, and the benefits ?

Originally Posted By: InhalingBullets
Let me propose this question to those of you that are on board with legalization: How would you feel about your police officers, firemen, EMT's, doctors, nurses or teachers being daily users of weed?

I'm perfectly fine with all of those people being daily users of weed. Many of them are already daily users of alcohol. How is that any different? I wouldn't want them to be stoned while at work, but again, that's the same as being drunk on the job. After hours, they can do whatever they want.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I can't believe this is still a discussion. Legalize and tax it. Clearly it isn't any more dangerous than alcohol, put the drug dealers out of business and let the state collect revenue.

The drug dealers are more likely to put the money back into the community.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Originally Posted By: dishdude
I can't believe this is still a discussion. Legalize and tax it. Clearly it isn't any more dangerous than alcohol, put the drug dealers out of business and let the state collect revenue.

The drug dealers are more likely to put the money back into the community.

Isn't it the garage full of $100 US bills that pushes for abandoning that denomination so that there's TWO garages full of $50s ?

I picture a [censored] at a local mom and pop garage propping 10k on a set wheels for a car that he will replace with another, which will be restored at the same mom and pop shop. Kinda like this.
dsc06640.jpg

I see no difference in crime, whether it is stealing from people in the night, or broad, lawful daylight.
Where do the tax funds go? We just got our taxes (from vehicle registration) go up again. If I was to register every vehicle every year I'd be out another 100 bucks on top of what I already pay. Benefit? Public transportation, the kind that people already pay to use...that I don't.

It seems the legalization and MJ use/users are not the real threat. It is the conversion of the illegal distribution machine needing to restore cash flow by switching to the seriously addictive and deadly products. The progression happened before, back in 70's. It was/is clearly foreseeable, so beware, Canada.

Originally Posted By: OleBillL
It seems the legalization and MJ use/users are not the real threat. It is the conversion of the illegal distribution machine needing to restore cash flow by switching to the seriously addictive and deadly products. The progression happened before, back in 70's. It was/is clearly foreseeable, so beware, Canada.

We already have a Fentanyl crisis, so we know only too well as to what you speak.

Have to wonder how well the “post reviews” of these changes gets communicated in the straight down the middle news… That way we’d make informed decisions to allow our 300 MT crane operator to relax better at tea time …

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad

As far as Canada goes, Law Enforcement here is concentrating on effective means to identify and charge non-alcohol impaired drivers. T
"Smoking while driving" carries the same penalty, if deemed impaired, as Drunk Driving in Canada. Even in the last few months there has been an increase in charges laid.

Of course they are. That's where some of the replacement revenue stream will come from when cops can't raid head shops in their regular million dollar hauls. Are you kidding? It's about the money. Stoners have been driving high for eons; the danger is arguably of an entirely different nature and severity.

It's all about the money.
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-i...iness-1.4403194
Former Police Chief Julian Fantino who ruled against pot with an iron fist, the moment a whisper was made about the potential for pot legalization, becomes primary investor in a commercial pot growing corporation. The only "right thing to do" for these guys is whatever will profit them the most at the moment. Don't let emotions and idealistic common sense make you blind, it's all and only about the money, never forget it.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

We already have a Fentanyl crisis, so we know only too well as to what you speak.

I equate the fentanyl crisis to the crack crisis and the alcohol crisis of the natives- eugenic operations. Opiates are therapeutically worthless, and having them foist upon innocent and unsuspecting people is a crime against humanity, not a 'mistake' or 'oversight' IMO

While whole flower has its promoters, you guys all ignored the isolates being extracted from MJ.

I use Hemp isolates of CBD for pain control. No side effects, no THC. Fabulous control of arthritis and other pain.

Others I know use extracts of actual MJ, with amazing results for pain, healing, and relaxation.

This should never have been illegal, our govmt classifies weed as a schedule one narcotic, same as heroin!

Originally Posted By: das_peikko
By California law, marijuana must be grown indoors, so it's been doubling and tripling the cost to lease a building in the industrialized areas of the city.

I have a friend who had a devil of a time trying to find a place in San Francisco for his biotech because of this.

Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr
I would rather share the road with MJ users than with alcoholics.

in order of danger in my opinion
alcohol
screaming kids
mj

cell phones double the threat.

rod
I can't imagine driving on the road with mj. I don't smoke regularly, but have on occasion. One of those occasions was when a friend and I got done fishing in my private pond on my farm. We smoked after we got the boat loaded and the drive across the farm back to the house was interesting. Every time I hit a bump I felt like I was going to fast and needed to slow down, the thing is I driving 5 mph the whole time.

Originally Posted By: AVB
I can't imagine driving on the road with mj. I don't smoke regularly, but have on occasion. One of those occasions was when a friend and I got done fishing in my private pond on my farm. We smoked after we got the boat loaded and the drive across the farm back to the house was interesting. Every time I hit a bump I felt like I was going to fast and needed to slow down, the thing is I driving 5 mph the whole time.

That's why driving while high is just as dangerous as driving while drunk. Perception can get really messed up (impairment), and that in turn leads to lots of opportunity to make major driving errors.

If people want to smoke weed, stay home and do it, but don't get behind the wheel of a car.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
That's why driving while high is just as dangerous as driving while drunk. Perception can get really messed up (impairment), and that in turn leads to lots of opportunity to make major driving errors.

If people want to smoke weed, stay home and do it, but don't get behind the wheel of a car.

Worst that I ever drove was having picked up a permit to work on a turbine governor problem 5:30 AM Tuesday, and left site at 9:30AM Wednesday. Nothing more than a 15-20 minute break, a few times, coffee, ramen and canned soup.

24 hours in, felt shakey...at the time I got in the car, felt completely on top of it all.

When I'm driving, I pay attention, and have conversations about what that car at the next intersection MIGHT do, and prepare for it.

I had those conversations 50 yards AFTER I went past the threat. It scared the whoopee out of me as to how my judgement could have been so wrong.

Work tried to measure "impairment", rather than straight chemical loading, to try to capture the fatigue and personal element before introducing random D and A testing.

It threw about 1:6 applicants into the "impaired" basket for assessment and risk assessment...could have been anything from a bad night's sleep to excessive work hours, to any legal or illicit substance...straight chemical testing identifies about 1 per year in the fixed workforce.

Impairment is a lot more common that we, as an industrialised society is a lot more common than we would like to believe.

Again, not advocating vehicle use after substance use...just more awareness all round.

http://roadsafety.transport.nsw.gov.au/stayingsafe/fatigue/index.html
Good note point...asleep drivers don't steer or brake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back