Manufacturer mandates oil changes every 3 months!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great question, but they still do. My neighbor bought a used silverado from an individual and had the front differential go out at the very end of the warranty period. He had just changed the clean looking fluid (used GM grape juice dealer stuff I could have smacked him for that) on schedule and saw some extensive build up on the magnet. Within 150 miles of being outside of warranty the differential started singing. It was shot! He took it to the dealer service department for a claim and he had to produce his change receipts for the fluid and log before they would even look at it as a warranty claim. They also asked him about tire balancing schedules! This guy was pretty particular so he was able to produce and comment about his ownership maintenance. Don't know of to many other folks who could. It's almost like the burden of proof is on you anymore!

I would've put the silverado on blocks and run it in reverse for 150 miles, then go to the dealer.

I maintain a log book for every vehicle I work on. I wonder if that type of documentation would stand up with an arbitrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back