Mans bestest friend....

Rescue(d) dogs especially. Lets see some pics.
I got this guy in April of '17. My buddies and I were camping in the woods, with our dirt bikes and no womenfolk. :p We weren't in a campground we were out in the sticks dry camping. Anyway, one day we come in from riding and this guy is hangin around. He was friendly, and young. I gave him a pan of water and he drank it all and half of another. Next day, we were out most of the day and he was there when we came back. I had to leave that evening and my buddy was staying over another night. So I told him if the dog is still here tomorrow, bring him to my house. My daughter had just moved out and took her 2 dogs with her. All we had was a Schitzu. So he dropped him off the next day and I promptly took him to a vet to have him checked for a chip and a general checkup. No chip, he was in good shape, a little skinny, his adult teeth were brand spankin new, so that put him around 8 months old. We put out fliers, sent pics out,posted up on social media sites.....not a word from anyone. So, he's mine and I love this little guy like nothing else. I've always had dogs, but never my "very own" dog until this guy came along. I think it was some divine intervention! :unsure:

This 1st pic is the very first pic I took of him when I first saw him. The 2nd pic was the first day at my house. The 3rd is 2 months and 11lbs later.

Screenshot_20200420-071125_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201020-190749_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201020-190649_Cloud.jpg

He is so happy looking, look at the size of those ears. Good choice of a name.
What is his temperament like?

Great story ! I love my Rescues ! they just have so much Personality. Here is a dog that my parents got. It came from a shelter in Mississippi and someone brought it to the shelter in Lansing MI. Sunny has a underbite that does not make her the most attractive. Hey it was mean to be. She runs like a Deer all day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210108-081403_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210108-081403_Photos.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 46
Is he trying to tell you something????

He's got on of those little doggie couches. I just saw one of those yesterday.
One of the weather men her in DFW had one for his pups and you could see the dog sleeping during his from home corona casts. It was so cute othere competing news stations ran a story on it, it was great. BTW the have them at Costco.

He is so happy looking, look at the size of those ears. Good choice of a name.
What is his temperament like?
Ya, those ears..... LOL
He's super friendly. He's protective tho. I'm always out it the garage and he is too. He's always tethered tho. But if I'm in the house and someone comes up the driveway it's pretty rare that he will let them pass. He's never bitten anyone that I know of. He's intact, so he gets wound up when he sees other dogs. He's playful, but to other males they don't take him as playing and a fight will usually start. With girl dogs, well......... We have a housecat that he got ahold of once, and almost a 2nd time. I have the scars from saving the cats bacon that time. But, he's really good in the house. He comes in every morning for breakfast and toy time, and some evernings. He's peed in the house only 1 time and he's never chewed up anything he wasn't supposed to. He has a toy basket that he gets toys out of and chews the chit of em. I usually pick up stuffed animals at yard sales for like pennies each. I can't pay 7,8 or $9 for a toy that's gonna be ripped to shreds at a minimum the 2nd time he gets it. My daughter has 2 female dogs, a Husky and a Mcnabb, both fixed, and from a shelter, and they all get along great when they come over.

Last edited:
Great story ! I love my Rescues ! they just have so much Personality. Here is a dog that my parents got. It came from a shelter in Mississippi and someone brought it to the shelter in Lansing MI. Sunny has a underbite that does not make her the most attractive. Hey it was mean to be. She runs like a Deer all day.
You got more pics?

Back