Mans bestest friend....

Why would you want to choke your dog when collars or harnesses that offer necessary security are available that don't choke your pet and run the risk of serious injury to them ?
I dig. How do know I got rid of the choke collar?

But, ya, I did. I had a 4' tall wrought iron fence around my front yard. He liked to jump at the fence and there were spots where he could a gotten hung up.
Here he is getting some whipped cream the other day. LOL
Screenshot_20210112-085052_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20210112-085127_Video Player.jpg

I have a few more pics that i can get. The company that we went the DNA test kit has received the test and we are excited to see what kind of dog that she is.

My Dad in his final hours. He loved canines and had them for most his life. He always said the word "dog" understated their greatness. He passed in our house. All three of our rescue dogs were with him in his final hours, by their choice. He loved them like grandchildren, and they loved him like he was their grandpa, aka "GP".

Harley was our Great Dane. He's on the floor with Lizzie (border collie). Amber (pit bull) is up in bed with him. We rescued all three of them.

You can see the sadness in Harley and Amber, losing their GP. Lizzie always had a smile on her face. It was the only face she could make.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_1539.jpg
    IMG_1539.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
My Dad in his final hours. He loved canines and had them for most his life. He always said the word "dog" understated their greatness. He passed in our house. All three of our rescue dogs were with him in his final hours, by their choice. He loved them like grandchildren, and they loved him like he was their grandpa, aka "GP".

Harley was our Great Dane. He's on the floor with Lizzie (border collie). Amber (pit bull) is up in bed with him. We rescued all three of them.

You can see the sadness in Harley and Amber, losing their GP. Lizzie always had a smile on her face. It was the only face she could make.

Scott
Providing comfort...they know.

My condolences. My Dad passed 3 days before we picked up our pup last Fall, though the new pup did provide Mom with some fun in a tough time.

SBB LR3.jpg

Man, you would really hate me...I run this on my pups. They only have it on when we are going on walks, and it is night and day between using this, and letting them choke themselves out by pulling on a traditional collar as we walk. Such a wonderful training tool!

View attachment 42425
My Grandson has an American Bulldog and uses this. Without she will pull anyone down the street.

Man, you would really hate me...I run this on my pups. They only have it on when we are going on walks, and it is night and day between using this, and letting them choke themselves out by pulling on a traditional collar as we walk. Such a wonderful training tool!

View attachment 42425
A properly used prong collar is absolutely safe and humane--just never leave it on when you're not walking the dog. The choke collars like the one pictured earlier are dangerous--and painful.

My daughter got the prong collar for "Finley" female pure black lab. Walking her is night and day difference. Even using a chest type collar didn't help with the walking. Now my granddaughter can safely walk Finley. They look a lot worse than they are.

A properly used prong collar is absolutely safe and humane--just never leave it on when you're not walking the dog. The choke collars like the one pictured earlier are dangerous--and painful.
I agree 100%...the trouble is the perception from folks when I take them out to walk. People assume they are mean beasties and look scared. They are just hyper hunting dogs who want to run.

We had a cat that would go running to sliding glass door when we said Tweet , Tweet or Chippy , Chippy ( chipmunk , squirrels ) !

Last edited:
dogs are GREAT!! my girlfriends loveable non typical Bischon, very active + loves walks is now 10 yo + going strong. NOT neutered as its better for him. Dr Becker on Dr Mercola has some great tips + be sure to MINIMIZE unneeded shots!!

Back