My dog did not make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about your loss …
That's exactly how it was going when my sister and BiL lost their old Lab …
So we showed up one day with one of our 8 week old yellows (used to raise Labs, now dust mops).
That one was loved … and gave love back just as much …
Lots of them waiting to be rescued too …

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
Sure is strange how animals are getting cancer? Was this even a thing 100 years ago?

It's really strange.
If I we're a bone head, I'd consider it a conspiracy theory.

What do you think?!?

Sure is strange how animals are getting cancer? Was this even a thing 100 years ago?

Of course dogs got cancer 100 years ago but vets didn't have the technology to diagnose it.

Very saddened at your loss, Chris142.

I'm not one to think animals have human emotions and thought processes, but man, do we ever bond with dogs in so many personal ways. When our last bulldog passed away, my wife couldn't stand to not have a dog in our home and insisted that we adopt one asap. We ended up with a stellar companion that arrived at our local shelter via Indiana, our home state. His name is Koda, he has been trained as a certified service dog, and he lives up to his name's meaning of "friend, someone to depend on". I am positive that he has been extremely beneficial improving my wife's quality of life.

Wishing you the best. Try to dwell on the positive aspects that you provided your dog over the years.

Very sorry for your loss.
frown.gif

Sorry for your loss. The hardest part of owning any pet is the final goodbye--remember the good times!

I can relate to being on the fence about another. I had to put my Heeler down and I was an absolute train wreck, I was a grown man reduced to a baby that evening. It's so hard to imagine going through it again at some point, but in the end, you could possibly give another dog it's best life possible. I'm sorry for your loss.

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really. -Agnes Turnbull

Canine oncology in 1920?

Way different world and technology 100 years ago...

I understand what you are going through. I put down my Shepherd two months ago due to severe liver problems. It really hurts.

Chris,
I am sorry for your loss of Guardian. It really hurts to say goodbye.
The passage of time helps. I am sure a good will find you when it's time..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back