Man rides bicycle 90 mi to stab someone

Local news story...
Guy rode his bike 90 mi from Mansfield, OH to my town, Lima, OH, to attack his ex-gf's new BF, "because I didn't like the way he was treating her"

That's a level of "dedication" I'll never feel...

I love my girl, but I'm not riding my bicycle the 20 mi to her house, you can forget 90 mi...

Wow…so many questions not answered!

Why did he ride a bicycle? Severe paranoia about operating a vehicle and being seen by people and LPRs? Vehicle is being tracked from a previous run-in with the law? Why not drive most of the way and bike the last ten miles or so— that would still allow some level of plausible deniability. Obsessive fitness enthusiast?

I’ve been in law enforcement over thirty years and have never heard of such a dedicated criminal.

Living in the country, I do see quite a few young professionals commute via bicycle on back roads, and they have their little online and in-person cliques to discuss same. But it’s almost exclusively the fitness-conscious folks who have substantial means and choose to commute by biking when they can. Seasoned criminals still prefer vehicles in every jurisdiction I’ve worked in!

Maybe had no access to a car?
Probably seriously mentally ill, probably schizophrenic.
Weird crime any way you look at it. Distance was apparently no obstacle for this guy, as the new boyfriend found out.

A customer drove 10 miles back to Subway to ***** about getting ripped off. Demanded a new sandwich. His sandwich had one less meatball....

...and fortunately I was one guy ahead in the que! So I got out of there and heard the whole story.

A customer drove 10 miles back to Subway to ***** about getting ripped off. Demanded a new sandwich. His sandwich had one less meatball....

...and fortunately I was one guy ahead in the que! So I got out of there and heard the whole story.
Sometimes those are the most entertaining to witness. Except when people come to the retail parts counter and give me their whole life story about why they need whatever part only for me to say "Chevy is the next street over."

I'm not sharp enough this afternoon to come up with a pointed comment. I mean that guy can't be the sharpest knife in the drawer?? Look at that hair! That physique!! I wonder if he had stabbing pains as he peddled and peddled..........he probably nearly dropped. To bad someone he knew saw him leave, what are friends good for always stabbing you in the back???

He has two priors, a domestic violence and a felonious assault. He is 5'11" 110 pounds.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 8.29.20 PM.jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 8.27.38 PM.jpeg

Back