Mail question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dishdude
Seller uploaded a tracking number but never shipped the item.

^^This. He never game it to USPS, so all the USPS bashing really doesn't count on this thread.

Originally Posted by splinter
Originally Posted by dlundblad
What was the record?

+1!

Originally Posted by Kruse
Originally Posted by dishdude
Seller uploaded a tracking number but never shipped the item.

^^This. He never game it to USPS, so all the USPS bashing really doesn't count on this thread.

+1. As soon as the seller creates/prints the shipping label, the USPS tracking says "shipping label created" or "pre-shipment" "USPS awaiting item" or some such verbiage. As soon as the seller drops it off at the post office, the post office employee scans it and the tracking will typically IMMEDIATELY update to "In USPS possession." This seller printed a shipping label and never brought it to the post office.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Originally Posted by 28oz
USPS tracking is absolute garbage. Wife sells used books all the time and the USPS tracking site is rarely updated.........even after actual delivery.

So your wife gets to use the USPS Book rate (much cheaper than ANY other carrier), and you're complaining? USPS gives more useful tracking information than FedEx does.

Pablum. I get tracking in close to real-time with FedEx. Something I got USPS still showed "in transit" three WEEKS after I got it! It was picked up in King of Prussia, PA...and not scanned at all after that, not once! This is normal.

For reference, I just sold something on eBay yesterday. I printed a shipping label at around 6:20 this morning, and dropped it off at the post office at around 8:20. It is now 9:08 as of this post. USPS tracking shows that I created the shipping label at 6:22 AM, and the current status is "USPS is in possession of item," as of 8:22 AM. Tracking # 9449009699938001194611 if you want to see for yourself.

Found outgoing letter in gutter when I got our mail just now. The carrier spends more time fiddling with his head phones than he does delivering mail. If there is one federal department that needs to be turned over to private operation it's this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back