Mahle OC261

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahle OC 261 from my French spec Land Rover 90 (Defender before they were called Defenders), 2.5NA diesel. Thirteen months and ~1,300 miles w/ M1 5w-50.

Very well made filter, heavy can, heavy tube and end plates, even pleats, glued and crimped, rubber gasket on the bypass valve. COO Austria. Nothing beyond some carbon particles in the pleats.

Is that a big "rubber band" around the media? Haven't seen that before. Nice center tube. Thanks for the C&P.

it is a band of a fibrous paper...assume there to hold the media as the adhesive cures. Was tight, but had not deformed the media at all.

It's got me wonderin' if Mahle, Hummel-MANN branded filters are the best
with possibly M1 and Amsoil and the like (small run boutique filters) coming in at a 2nd tier.....
and all the rest are....just the rest.

They copied the Purolator baseplate with the intruding outer plate into the holes. Must have liked how strong it is. The depth of media pleats is very nice, unlike Purolator and others. Seems like it was made where someone on the factory floor was on the ball as to quality produced.

Originally Posted By: Kira
It's got me wonderin' if Mahle, Hummel-MANN branded filters are the best
with possibly M1 and Amsoil and the like (small run boutique filters) coming in at a 2nd tier.....
and all the rest are....just the rest.

Also including Hengst, this is my experience. They are my go-to filters whenever they make a filter for the application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back